• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Hemi cars; upper radiator hose

I’ll use this oneI have on the shelf for now. Just had to trim about 3/4” from the radiator end.

3D7BF293-08A4-47E4-8550-373F26B2A913.jpeg

thats a lower hose
I don't think so. I think the way it's sitting in the pic is misleading plus it's all swollen and somewhat mishappen. Wait...are we still talking about a radiator hose? :D

I don't have the car at home to check, but I think the lower is still the original.

One way to find out, measure the ID.
Upper hose is 1.5" inside diameter
Lower hose is 1.75" inside diameter

One way to find out, measure the ID.
Upper hose is 1.5" inside diameter
Lower hose is 1.75" inside diameter
Well, I measured and it is the lower. So I don't have the original upper. Now I feel like my whole life is a lie.

LOL - I just assumed it was the upper since the upper was so new and the lower looks considerably older (and, to me, it looked close in my photo comparison). And it was the only one kept along with other original replacement parts from the car.

You Hemi guys are sharp! :thumbsup:

I just got one of the Cont 60664 off ebay- $21.

Worth a try

Ordered a Continental 60664 12/27 Fedex is walking it here from AZ. It has been in 8 stares so far, now in NJ. Found I have a mopar 60664 so I'll put them side by side.

The 60664 is originally a Goodyear number. They made the hose that said Mopar on it. Goodyear is now Continental. They should be the same.

Mine came with a replacement with the correct number when I bought the car 5 years ago. It looked new then and still looks new (I also have the original). I don't know where the replacement was aquired from, though.

I love seeing weathered original type cars.

img_1237-2-jpg.jpg

That is great.

IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1923.JPG
IMG_1919.JPG
For what these are worth? I think the Continental fit the best.

IMG_1919.JPG IMG_1920.JPG

The Continental is the one on the left in the side by side pictures?

Probably as close as we are going to find. I found another original (old) Hemi picture from a road test. It’s not a very good one, but I think it is a 66 from the washer reservoir and I think I see the relay panel. The upper hose appears similar to the Continental hose.
97F00C3C-D169-480E-ABB5-B42E4B7F5560.jpeg

a66.JPG
a662.JPG
Think it's a 67 the master cylinder looks like it has a bale on it? Looks like a dual master not a single master with screw on cap. Picture from your Post#2 67ARGTX with an enlarged photo of hose. The chrome oil cap I believe came on 67's, 66 were black.

Last edited:
Fran - did power front disc brakes use a single MC cylinder in 66?

The photo in post #2 is definitely a 66 Coronet. But it was an early, possible pilot car used by the press for testing. I have a couple reprints of the road test. Here is the car the engine photo is from.
AA3A52E4-1DCB-4BA5-9114-0F12B9C83ECE.jpeg

Guess not - 66 service manual describes a dual reservoir master cylinder for power disc brakes but the depiction of it looks like a single pot reservoir w/o bail. So I’m not sure about that photo although it looks like a 66 windshield washer unit and relay panel in the engine bay. But picture isn’t clear enough.

I saw a 66 Plymouth Hemi Satellite convertible power disc brake car being auctioned in 1986/7 in Albany NY.. Guy who was selling it told me at a Mopar show, gave me a card with and when an where the auction was. So I drove up to Albany to watch, $82,000. Yes it was a single pot but an extra piece so at could hold more brake fluid. Car had PS.PDB's, auto trans, power windows and black interior. Guy who bought wasn't a car guy, MO. At that time "investors" were buying Hemi cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back