• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Hemi cars; upper radiator hose

Here are a couple of magazine article pictures of very low mileage originals - I believe one had 11,700 miles and the other 9700 miles at the time of publication. Not great pictures though and don’t tell much.
E5C8E453-60B4-4049-9E56-3611980DC907.jpeg
AA093062-5369-4643-8CC9-58FEFEE6461C.jpeg

1966 B bodies with disc brakes DID have a single pot master cylinder . BUT,,, they have an added section to the top like Fran mentioned.

Still uses a bolt down lid.

The dual reservoir arrived in 1967 models , regardless of all drums or optional disc brakes

You can just make out the added ring on this listing . This is a 6000 mile unrestored car

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0120-397301/1966-plymouth-hemi-satellite/

If you have or can save it might be worth something?

1966 B bodies with disc brakes DID have a single pot master cylinder . BUT,,, they have an added section to the top like Fran mentioned.

Still uses a bolt down lid.

The dual reservoir arrived in 1967 models , regardless of all drums or optional disc brakes

You can just make out the added ring on this listing . This is a 6000 mile unrestored car

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0120-397301/1966-plymouth-hemi-satellite/

I’ve seen a video on that very nice Satellite owned by Tony. He seemed likely to hang on to it for a long time so I’m surprised to see that he had it up for auction a couple years ago. Maybe he was just fishing with a high reserve.

I’ve seen a video on that very nice Satellite owned by Tony. He seemed likely to hang on to it for a long time so I’m surprised to see that he had it up for auction a couple years ago. Maybe he was just fishing with a high reserve.
It did sell at that auction, along with several other cars of his.

Tony sold 4 or 5 cars total I think. As far as I know he just wanted to thin the herd more than anything.

A couple friends of mine thought I should have gone after the car. But I felt it would have broke over $100k ( it didnt btw ) And that was well over my budget

My problem is what to do with it. I drive mine, a lot and IMO that car was not the car to do that to it

Bill, do you know what it sold for?

To cheap imo.
There was a gold 4 spd car at same auction that sold for similar money,

Deal is. A dealer bought Tonys car and flipped it.

So ...imo the wrong crowd for the car was
there . which boggles me as they pumped his collection for a while prior to sale day

Ps.

Apologies to the op.
His thread has gone way way off course.

BUT,,I am still working on getting a better shaped more accurate hose. So bear with me a little while longer

Had a back injection today so had some time to rummage through my library some more. Found this Satellite Hemi test in late 65 which show equipment like the 66 Coronet I posted a while back - 22” radiator and same radiator hose - neither of which made regular production.

44346F37-7102-480C-AFB6-46BCC1C1EFC7.jpeg
)
EDB2C503-8B6B-47E6-93CD-168DE20BE67C.jpeg

I also think I solved the mystery of the Hemi photo below. I think it’s a 67 Charger. It appears from several photos of 67 Hemi Chargers that they kept the 66 washer reservoir with the separate pump into at least the early 67 model year. What I thought was a relay panel on the left inner fender is apparently just some sort of reflection, wire harnesses, or trash on the print.

9CCD8ED0-5A9F-4696-93C6-D63FACBA9A2D.jpeg

I think Richard’s eyes have glazed over on the subject and he’s moved on.

Had a back injection today so had some time to rummage through my library some more. Found this Satellite Hemi test in late 65 which show equipment like the 66 Coronet I posted a while back - 22” radiator and same radiator hose - neither of which made regular production.

View attachment 1219595 )View attachment 1219597
I also think I solved the mystery of the Hemi photo below. I think it’s a 67 Charger. It appears from several photos of 67 Hemi Chargers that they kept the 66 washer reservoir with the separate pump into at least the early 67 model year. What I thought was a relay panel on the left inner fender is apparently just some sort of reflection, wire harnesses, or trash on the print.

View attachment 1219598

67 and up master cylinder

The slotted holes on the header panel where the Charger headlight doors would mount look empty...I'll guess it's a Coronet.

Nope, I'm still here. I did buy this hose (as seen on page 1) just for the heck of it...

1141660-8dd2d73ceb41ff4897227cd1c42fc5bb.jpg

....but it kinked when I put it on so for now just I'll stick with my 1969 383 (with 26" radiator) hose.

3d7bf293-08a4-47e4-8550-373f26b2a913-jpeg.jpg

This one kinked Richard - it looks pretty good in the picture. It clears the fuel line with a little room to spare like you would think Ma Mopar intended. Maybe the kink is on the underside.

upload_2022-1-7_7-25-11.jpeg

Ps.

I am working on the car today.
And tried the continental 60621.
And its to long with no way to shorten it and keep the shape.

So im back to the drawing board

20220107_103833.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back