• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'67 B Body Rear Ride Height Help

Stonehengeheel

Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
Any suggestions on raising ride height on these other than air shocks, helper spring shocks or new springs? Does anyone make coil overs? I have looked with no luck. Thanks.

I don't know the measurements, but the way the 67 I bought new from the factory was is this:
Stock 14" wheels 7.75X14 tires. Looking at the rear fenderwell the top of the rim was level with the top of the fenderwell.

I have the 3400 lb. Super stock leaf springs and it raised the rear 1 1/2 inches.

You will find spring shops such as Springsnthings, and another Eaton Detroit Springs, can build you springs with specific ride heights in mind.Over the years we have had spring sets built by Eaton using their formula + or - in ride height along with weight increase.Lets say you want a 2'' drop with a added 100 lbs increase for payload ( so you can have a few friends in the car with out much sag) or in your case a increase of 2'' higher than stock(or more if you like) and weight increase to firm up the ride if wanted. Remember that pinion angle may have to be adjusted after raising or lowering the car.
Like Aron stated above Mopar Super Stock springs will give you some added height (2'' or more depending on the car).
Some say SS springs aren't that great on the street handling but everyone has their own opinions.I have them on my 65 and they work for me on the street.

Auto Transport Service
Back