• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet Floor Pan Extra Holes???

69L48Z27

Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
Under the seats I have these two extra holes that are drilled, same on both sides. Any idea what they're for? I did not remove anything from under the seats when we took the carpet out. There were drilled or punched from the top down. I have them circled in the photo.

Car is very original, I'm not sure what they would be for.

Either I'm missing some thing obvious or....

Thx

IMG_5431EDT.jpg

Yes, buckets seats. Those are holes outboard of the ones circled.

My 66 doesn't have those and the last time I heard, both floors are the same. How much of a ridge do they have on the bottom side? Factory punched holes have very little.....

The bottom in undercoated. It actually looks like the holes where there when undercoated.

Complete(maybe stoopid!) shot in the dark here because I have no idea if they were even offered or how they might mount if they were, but is there any chance they were for an optional power seat motor?

see if you can find a pic of a repop floor to see if they are there.kneejerk would be bucket vs bench,but like Cranky said,i think they are the same.

Seems like someone did something deliberate, just not sure what. My guess was driveshaft loop but if that's how it got installed it would have been ripped out immediately. That theory has me scratching my head, there's nothing disturbed with undercoating in that area, like something was bolted to the floor, and there was no evidence or history of racing the car.

Oh well, another mystery.

Under the seats I have these two extra holes that are drilled, same on both sides. Any idea what they're for? I did not remove anything from under the seats when we took the carpet out. There were drilled or punched from the top down. I have them circled in the photo.

Car is very original, I'm not sure what they would be for.

Either I'm missing some thing obvious or....

Thx

View attachment 492636
I just looked at my picture of the floor I took when I fixed the front part and I don't have those holes. 67 Coronet

Thx for checking. I don't think they're factory after some investigation and feedback. Always curious what happens to these cars over time.

One other thing I found was some backyard engineering by lengthening the rear shackles. Seems the car isn't quite as virgin as I thought, still not bad though.

Auto Transport Service
Back