• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet to 2004 Audi.....

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:39 PM
Reaction score
So, help me out here fellas. The Audi steering wheel is tilt/telescopic and the connecting collar is under the dash. See pic. The 3/4DD shaft from the stock gear will line up with it after I buy the Borgeson u joint from SUMMIT.
I guess my only question now is what about the Audi shaft? it's a telescoping shaft so where do I want the DD shaft to end? At full Audi shaft extension or get a longer DD to reach up to the Audi collar at full telescope towards the steering wheel? or something inbetween?
See what i'm saying here? I don't know that I will ever need to telescope the steering wheel closer to me while driving, however, I also don't want to make a mistake with geometry.
I can push the Audi collar nearly a foot back towards the steering wheel. Slides easily. Should I get a longer DD shaft? Or is it okay to hook them together at , or near, the max extension length of the Audi shaft? Or does it matter?

in the picture the Audi collapsible shaft is extended all of the way towards the firewall.

1013181034.jpg
1013181034a.jpg

I would think for impact you would want it farther away from you. it wont push column toward you in a accident.

The slip is needed Incase of a really bad frontal accident. Leave as much slip as you can.

Auto Transport Service
Back