• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 rt

hotrodelrod

Reaction score
Hey guys, A couple of years ago I bought a 67 RT Coronet off Ebay for about 11k. A long story short I got hosed. While the interior is mint and the drivetrain is very solid, the body was mud f***ed! The car was complete and driving but I took off all trim etc.. to see what I was getting into. The car has been sitting in my shop and I have too many projects. I am ready to bite the bullet and part ways and count it as a lesson learned. What is a ball park value on this car? It is a true RT complete perfect black int. and a solid drivetrain. Needs metal work and paint. Thanks for any and all input.

It must be going around. I just got taken on a 1967 R/T from EBay too. It was supposed to be coverend by their buyer protection, but thats proved worthless. I need to get some trim parts. Are you selling the whole car or parting it out?
Regards,

It must be going around. I just got taken on a 1967 R/T from EBay too. It was supposed to be coverend by their buyer protection, but thats proved worthless. I need to get some trim parts. Are you selling the whole car or parting it out?
Regards,

Definately the whole car. It is complete with all chrome, emblems, etc.. Just needs metal work and paint.
Rick

Hey guys, A couple of years ago I bought a 67 RT Coronet off Ebay for about 11k. A long story short I got hosed. While the interior is mint and the drivetrain is very solid, the body was mud f***ed! The car was complete and driving but I took off all trim etc.. to see what I was getting into. The car has been sitting in my shop and I have too many projects. I am ready to bite the bullet and part ways and count it as a lesson learned. What is a ball park value on this car? It is a true RT complete perfect black int. and a solid drivetrain. Needs metal work and paint. Thanks for any and all input.

What is the exterior color of the car?

pictures would be a plus here to help determine value of car...along with fender tag pics as well

How much metal work?

according to the tag the original color was white. I am off to work now but will post some pics later today. Thanks for all of your responses. I will also post some pics of my 66 coronet convertible 500" stroker!
Rick

Bummer, sorry to hear you got ripped off. I feel for ya as several years back I was sold a 69 Bee that was a pile. It was advertised as a project car so the amount wasn't all that high, BUT it was advertised as a running car...comes off the trailer with no battery and the worst electrics I've seen in a car. Had to use a remote starter to get it going only to find there was more smoke coming out if than if I was burning coal! The seller also mislead me on the color, too.

That was the first and last time I'll ever buy sight unseen! I mean if a project is not as described, I can't even imagine buying a completed car sight unseen. I sold that pile a few months later as it was just going to cost waaaay too much to restore.

What was not covered by ePain's buyer protection? FYI I was able to recoup a few bucks from my Bee debacle by having my local mechanic give me an estimate on what it would take to get it running as they wanted something official.

Regards,

according to the tag the original color was white. I am off to work now but will post some pics later today. Thanks for all of your responses. I will also post some pics of my 66 coronet convertible 500" stroker!
Rick

[/IMG]

Ouch. I'm tellin ya, someone needs to repop those C pillar to quarter corner sections.
They can be found, though. Took almost a year to find a set for my brother's 66 Sat, and they came from a member of this board. Looks like it needs a bit more than just those, though.

Guess I got lucky on my ebay sight almost unseen buy- just 3 low res pics, but the car was very solid, straight, and unmolseted, and all original save one repaint. Mine was "only" $1,500 though, so a little less of a gamble.

I bought it from Larry in Bend Oregon and he said I could fly out and drive it back. Also said it had a new paint, engine, brakes, transmission, and everything worked. Turns out the transmission is fryed, the paint has runs and fish-eyes, the brakes are leaking, the alternator is bad, power steering is dry and leaks, transmission mount is rotted out and the draglink is rubbing on the oil pan, the list goes on and on!! Ebay's buyer protection folks say that I have to prove deliberate fraud in order to collect. In other words I have to prove that he knew the transmission, etc. was bad when he sold it.

Bummer, sorry to hear you got ripped off. I feel for ya That was the first and last time I'll ever buy sight unseen! I mean if a project is not as described, I can't even imagine buying a completed car sight unseen. I sold that pile a few months later as it was just going to cost waaaay too much to restore.

What was not covered by ePain's buyer protection? FYI I was able to recoup a few bucks from my Bee debacle by having my local mechanic give me an estimate on what it would take to get it running as they wanted something official.

I also bought a car off Ebay. The pictures of the car looked great.The trim was all there and was in good shape.I hired a guy to go to NY to get the car for me. When I saw it on the trailer, I knew I'd been screwed! The seller knew exact;y where to stand and take the pictures. It looked to be rust free. But, was a rust bucket. Lesson learned.

I bought it from Larry in Bend Oregon and he said I could fly out and drive it back. Also said it had a new paint, engine, brakes, transmission, and everything worked. Turns out the transmission is fryed, the paint has runs and fish-eyes, the brakes are leaking, the alternator is bad, power steering is dry and leaks, transmission mount is rotted out and the draglink is rubbing on the oil pan, the list goes on and on!! Ebay's buyer protection folks say that I have to prove deliberate fraud in order to collect. In other words I have to prove that he knew the transmission, etc. was bad when he sold it.

Its a damn shame that you cant trust anyone these days. I am a handshake look in the eyes kinda guy which I guess makes me a fool?:angry1:

It bothers me and sends up a flag if there are close up pictures of an area that looks good. Usualliy I say "what are they drawing my attention away from", like an out of focus area in the corner that has bubbles or waves. Also bothers me when pics are from an angle that obscures the bottom of the quarters, or puts tham in a shadow. These are tricks that can be used as evidence that the seller 'showed you a picture of the damage or condition".

People that put new paint over a body like that should be drawn and quartered (HA).

There was a red 73 Challenger down here that had a crumpled quarter. Quarters available, so pretty std repair. After about three weeks, I drive by, and it's got a fresh coat of shiny lime green paint, right over the crumpled quarter. Also had a new vinyl top. WTF!!!

Back