• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for 67 RT Correct Grill

ec67coronetrt

Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
My father restored a 67 RT, that I just acquired from him, but I believe he added the wrong grill. It did not have grill when he bought it. After reading through some posts I think this is for a 500. Does anyone know if possible, and where to find the correct one for RT?
IMG_0145.jpeg

It's not right. Looks like someone painted the center portion black. I agree the white/yellow behind the grill needs to be blacked out. Luckily, that part of the grill that's been painted it pretty easy to find and not expensive like the center piece or grill surrounds. Should look like this..

1967-Dodge-Coronet-RT-Hemi-grill.jpg

Some people paint that part of the grill black. It's not technically correct but i kind of like the look.

17495_ba53f87eed68_low_res.jpg

Thanks for all of the feedback. Just getting used to this site.
It's not right. Looks like someone painted the center portion black. I agree the white/yellow behind the grill needs to be blacked out. Luckily, that part of the grill that's been painted it pretty easy to find and not expensive like the center piece or grill surrounds. Should look like this..

View attachment 1553011
Thanks for the reply. When you say it's pretty easy to find, would you suggest going through this site to find or are there other places that you would suggest looking into as well? Wanted to make sure car is all correct if possible. A friend said I should I start here on B Bodies.

I would start a post in the WTB (wanted to buy) thread. I see them come up on craigslist and facebook marketplace too but would try this forum first.

The blacked out grill is from a Coronet 500. They also had a horizontal bar across them that joined from the headlight bezels to the "500" grill centre piece. An R/T grill is just a garden variety Coronet grill with the special blank centre piece and the "R/T" sign. The grill itself should be fairly easy to find. You could always clean up your grill with your favourite paint stripper. The blank centre piece, not so easy to find. Your rad support needs to be blacked out. This means the bottom of it, too, that can be seen under the front bumper. When looking at your car from the front, you should not be able to see any body colour.
Classic Industries reproduces the lower sill molding for your car and Chargers. I bought a pair a few years ago, and they fit well and look good.

Last edited:
Welcome, your Rt looks nice, can we see more of it?

Your grille is painted black so it’s from a 500. Get some paint remover and get rid of the black paint. The metal is the same anodized aluminum under the black.

it really needs blacked out behind the grill. No body color should be seen through the grille or it will never look right. Also the secondary hood catch is a silver, when new they were a very dark brown plating, almost black. So they were not see through the grille.

lastly the surrounds are to be painted a flat silver, like a 70’s pickup truck bumper, and yours are showing a reflection of grille in them, which is wrong finish.

96EF3173-D3E6-4168-9599-B67CC427AACA.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome, your Rt looks nice, can we see more of it?

Your grille is painted black so it’s from a 500. Get some paint remover and get rid of the black paint. The metal is the same anodized aluminum under the black.

it really needs blacked out behind the grill. No body color should be seen through the grille or it will never look right. Also the secondary hood catch is a silver, when new they were a very dark brown plating, almost black. So they were not see through the grille.

lastly the surrounds are to be painted a flat silver, like a 70’s pickup truck bumper, and yours are showing a reflection of grille in them, which is wrong finish.

View attachment 1553093
Thanks for the information

Auto Transport Service
Back