• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Satellite question

70chall440

Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
Back in the day (around probably 77) I bought a 67 Satellite with a 383 and a 4 speed. Unfortunately in my mis-spent youth I destroyed the car (some of it wasn't my fault but a lot of it was). Anyway, I wondering how rare that car was? I have always kind of looked for another but never did find one and then moved onto E bodies and some newer B bodies. More recently (since 2000) I have acquired and still have a 70 Challenger, 73 Cuda, 70 Roadrunner, 71 Charger and a 68 Barracuda.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my ill fated satellite but it was like B7 (maybe B5) blue, had a black interior with buckets and a console.

So the question is were there many 4spd 67 Satellites made? Maybe one day I will find another or even a GTX.

Back in the day (around probably 77) I bought a 67 Satellite with a 383 and a 4 speed. Unfortunately in my mis-spent youth I destroyed the car (some of it wasn't my fault but a lot of it was). Anyway, I wondering how rare that car was? I have always kind of looked for another but never did find one and then moved onto E bodies and some newer B bodies. More recently (since 2000) I have acquired and still have a 70 Challenger, 73 Cuda, 70 Roadrunner, 71 Charger and a 68 Barracuda.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my ill fated satellite but it was like B7 (maybe B5) blue, had a black interior with buckets and a console.

So the question is were there many 4spd 67 Satellites made? Maybe one day I will find another or even a GTX.
I don't know the numbers, but my first new car was a 67 Satellite 383 4-speed. Burgundy/argent silver out, black interior. It was totaled the night of the day I sold it in 1972. Very similar to this car.
20190425_172713.jpg

The body on the lift was also a 383 4-speed originally too.
Maybe someone else can come close on the numbers.

Seems like there is a gathering of 4spd Satellites there.. LOL
I don’t have a Satellite I have a Belvedere II that’s a 383 4 speed car myself without going into the specific bits like interior and all that I know mines one of 926 or 928 it’s kind of ugly factory though it’s turquoise with a blue interior so it’s not going back to that

I have to admit that the Belvedere II v satellite had me a bit confused, I do know there are differences. I guess a BII 383 4 spd would be very similar to a satellite in many respects.

I have to admit that the Belvedere II v satellite had me a bit confused, I do know there are differences. I guess a BII 383 4 spd would be very similar to a satellite in many respects.
The Satellite is basically a weird mash up between the GTX and the Belvedere II primarily you’ll look at a satellite and see things like the GTX grill and similar interior and so on where the Belvedere II is about as low buck as a Belvedere I with the chrome side strip and I think a few other things I’m not sure if I believe Satellites did have Belvedere tail lights someone correct me if I’m wrong

In '67 The Satellite was the highest price class- Premium.

The GTX is the true "weird mashup" if we are going to use that term.

Elements of both Belvedere and Satellite.

The Satellite is basically a weird mash up between the GTX and the Belvedere II primarily you’ll look at a satellite and see things like the GTX grill and similar interior and so on where the Belvedere II is about as low buck as a Belvedere I with the chrome side strip and I think a few other things I’m not sure if I believe Satellites did have Belvedere tail lights someone correct me if I’m wrong
The Satellite had the same taillights as the GTX. The Satellite was the same as the GTX other than:
No hood scoops.
No flip gas cap.
Completely different side trim.
Lighter argent textured paint on the grill and tailpannel.
All Satellites had argent silver paint below the side trim.
Bucket seats were standard in the Satellite as well as the GTX and didn't come in the Belvedere II or i.

Also the biggest engine available in the Satellite was the 383, but some Hemi examples did escape from the factory. I know of no original 440 Satellites. I believe that if it was 440 powered it was automatically a GTX and equipped as such. By the same token no 383's were installed in GTX'S.

Amazing how many people ask me if my GTX has a 383 in it - even with hood emblems and the tin pie all calling out 440.

In 1978 I was going through basic training and AIT at Ft Leonard Wood MO, the year before I had trashed my 67 satellite and was regretting it. As I was getting close to graduation there was a drill sergeant there who had a red 67 GTX which was his daily driver with a 440 and a 4 speed (someone had installed a pistol grip into it). He as selling it for $300 and I really wanted it but I only had about $350 and I would have to drive the car from MO to ND to get home. I had a buddy there also from ND and I tried to convince him to pay for gas going home and I would pay him back but he would not do it, thus I had to pass on the car. I still think about that car today and all of the things I should have done but at that time my options were limited.

If I ever found a satellite or GTX that I could afford I would probably jump on it, problem is that I currently have a pretty full stable but the thought is there.

I also had a 383 4spd car. I want to say that when I did research on it there were around 1400 or 1500 383 4spd 67 Satellite's made.

i doubt I will ever have another one or a 67 GTX but if the conditions were right I certainly would be interested. I have a pretty full stable these days with 2 E bodies, 2 B bodies and an A body not to mention my modern muscle, but I never say never.

i doubt I will ever have another one or a 67 GTX but if the conditions were right I certainly would be interested. I have a pretty full stable these days with 2 E bodies, 2 B bodies and an A body not to mention my modern muscle, but I never say never.
Before I bought my E body I tracked down my old 67 Satellite and made the current owner a very healthy offer (to healthy) but, he would not sell. That one will probably be the last one I will ever own. I sure do miss it....

i8043.jpg i8040.jpg

The Satellite side trim is what sold me on one in 67, as my first new car. Love them with the trim and argent silver below it.

My dad has 67 383 4 speed that he bought brand new. I don’t have any recent pics on my phone but here’s a few at the strip in the late 60s. Still looks the same as it’s in original condition.

52D16F5D-3A87-495D-AA05-A9FF86FBD693.jpeg C3769724-4A6D-47E0-9D5D-90E4D7E4F210.jpeg

Yes they were very fast in G Stock. That is what I ran in 67 and some of 68.

What is the color? Mine was the dark red, more burgundy.

Auto Transport Service
Back