• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Steering Column Lower Bushing & Bearing

Mike67

Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
So after endless searching on the web for our 1 yr only steering columns lower bushing & bearings I found a company that makes a kit for $79.
I just recieved mine yesterday and looks like a really nice piece I'll post pics later but the company is CJs Rods & Machine. He doesnt have the listing posted yet but here is the Ebay link to his site
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143218011407

Screenshot_20200928-102818_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20200928-103105_Chrome.jpg

I turned one on my lathe out of a piece of delrin acetal , machines like butter . high strength and wear resistance . cost about $5 and 20 minutes of my time.
Maybe I found a beer money nitch if there is a demand for these bushings.

I turned one on my lathe out of a piece of delrin acetal , machines like butter . high strength and wear resistance . cost about $5 and 20 minutes of my time.
Maybe I found a beer money nitch if there is a demand for these bushings.
Could be, unless copyright/ patent lawsuits are your thing...lol! I looked all over and could not find one. I think this is made from delrin also.
Spoke to a buddy who retired as a Chrysler mechanic he said that Saginaw made all the shafts and tubes for GM as well and that I could have used one from the same year...

Auto Transport Service
Back