• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 white paint

Dgc

Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
does anyone know the 67 white dodge paint? went to the local ppg supplier and they have two different mixes for the ww1 paint code one is listed as chrysler white and one is just listed as alpine white. I even looked at window sticker and it just has ww1 code on it. they dont have anything to look at just the computer codes for the mix so I have no idea if or what is the difference thanks for any help
Dave

does anyone know the 67 white dodge paint? went to the local ppg supplier and they have two different mixes for the ww1 paint code one is listed as chrysler white and one is just listed as alpine white. I even looked at window sticker and it just has ww1 code on it. they dont have anything to look at just the computer codes for the mix so I have no idea if or what is the difference thanks for any help
Dave
The Ditzler code is 8362 I think Alpine white is a brighter white Chrysler color.

I use acrylic enamel. Just because.
I know new cars are two stage urethane.
You know your car came with single stage and whatever you get won't be what a was on there.
The way I figured the 67 I just painted ........white is white is white.
PPG doesn't carry acrylic enamel in my local store so I go to Sherwin Williams . They can mix that in all colors.
BUT for white they sell an industrial white by the gallon which saved a little monwy.

I use acrylic enamel. Just because.
I know new cars are two stage urethane.
You know your car came with single stage and whatever you get won't be what a was on there.
The way I figured the 67 I just painted ........white is white is white.
PPG doesn't carry acrylic enamel in my local store so I go to Sherwin Williams . They can mix that in all colors.
BUT for white they sell an industrial white by the gallon which saved a little monwy.
Not to argue, but un-believable how many different shades of white there are. I was looking for the whitest white I could find for the top of my Dodge...I had a hard time decideing..........................MO

Not to argue, but un-believable how many different shades of white there are. I was looking for the whitest white I could find for the top of my Dodge...I had a hard time decideing..........................MO

If it's not white, it's off white.:rolleyes:
But there are shades of grey.:lol:
(Or is that gray?)

Last edited:
If it's not white, it's off white.:rolleyes:
But there are shades of grey.:lol:
(Or is that gray?)
eggshell white , appliance white, antique white, vanilla white, etc. etc..... and that does not even get into all the different auto paint white...
BTW is shades of grey/gray really that erotic??.................................MO

I just returned from my local PPG dealer looking for UU1 Shell Beige.(1962 Dodge) Same thing as you went through. It was avaliable in lacquer only. I want single stage.
Then he called their ppg tech line and they faxed him the formula for the Shop Line that they carry.

Good to go.

WW1 = 8362 Ditzler on the link that I posted is the same white for Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth

I just returned from my local PPG dealer looking for UU1 Shell Beige.(1962 Dodge) Same thing as you went through. It was avaliable in lacquer only. I want single stage.
Then he called their ppg tech line and they faxed him the formula for the Shop Line that they carry.

Good to go.

WW1 = 8362 Ditzler on the link that I posted is the same white for Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth
Ill go back to the shop and see if they can use the 8362 code im sure the two mixes would have been close but wanted to be sure since their are so very many shades of white and imo some arent very white at all. going to shoot it in their enviro line

Have them call their tech line if they can't find the formula. I almost walked out until the one guy thought of it.

Update
The paint I got was a little darker than what it should be. Made a test blotch, compared it to the under part of the trunk lid. Also removed the insulation from under the front hood and compared there.

So I took the hood to the paint supplier and he tried to lighten the paint. No good. He then took a pic with their formula camera. That batch had a gray tint to it. He asked me if I would be willing to leave the hood there so he could work on it. So that's what I did. He said he would have the paint and hood delivered to me tomorrow with a copy of the formula. Good guy to deal with.

I didn't think there would be any trouble getting the right color paint. They are thinking it's an obsolete tint for the enamel paint. There was a formula for the lacquer, which makes sense for the way they use to do body work years ago. So we'll see what happens.

Update
The paint I got was a little darker than what it should be. Made a test blotch, compared it to the under part of the trunk lid. Also removed the insulation from under the front hood and compared there.

So I took the hood to the paint supplier and he tried to lighten the paint. No good. He then took a pic with their formula camera. That batch had a gray tint to it. He asked me if I would be willing to leave the hood there so he could work on it. So that's what I did. He said he would have the paint and hood delivered to me tomorrow with a copy of the formula. Good guy to deal with.

I didn't think there would be any trouble getting the right color paint. They are thinking it's an obsolete tint for the enamel paint. There was a formula for the lacquer, which makes sense for the way they use to do body work years ago. So we'll see what happens.
thanks for the tip the 8362 code was the right one got some paint mixed today so looks like in going to be shooting some color soon

Auto Transport Service
Back