• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'68 Charger Belt moulding

dodgepaul

Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
Seems a few more pieces are missing from getting the car back from the paint shop. Next time i'll take it apart myself, uhhgg.....
Does anyone have a lead on the clips, screws or the how to's on the female spring clips that the screws for the rear window belt molding thread into to hold the molding in place?

20160428_170028_resized.jpg 20160428_170033_resized.jpg

It takes 8 J clips. 4 on each side. I just sold my extra clips a few weeks ago. They slip under the lip and it takes a metal screw through the stainless beltline moulding into the J clip. Here is a pic of what it looks like. I may have one left. The slotted holes are for the cat whisker.
100_7202.JPG

Every Charger that I've had only had 2 or 3 screws holding that quarter glass molding on. If you've got 3, you really should be fine. However, if you need more, try Maopar Sal....

[email protected]

That the part I'm looking for. Now that I have an idea of what I'm looking for, I'll do some more digging and see if there are in one of the parts boxes left over from the body shop. Thanks for the help, and the lead on getting them if I can't find mine..

Dumb question but what is the reason for the J clips when they could have just used a normal screw holes for the molding instead of makeing the larger round hole then using a j clip to compensate

Dumb question but what is the reason for the J clips when they could have just used a normal screw holes for the molding instead of makeing the larger round hole then using a j clip to compensate
Dumb answer, Adjust-ability

Auto Transport Service
Back