• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger E brake

Garratt

Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
I believe this spring came out of my emergency brake after a bath in Evaporust. Can anyone confirm where it goes and other then going to the hardware store and digging is a reproduction made?

IMG_20230220_080324_227.jpg

IMG_20230214_172315_841.jpg

That looks like the clutch fork return spring. I don't remember that spring when I restored my e-brake.

Might be the brake pedal anti rattle spring.

Might be the brake pedal anti rattle spring.
So I had a brand new 5 gallon bucket of evaporust. I did the e brake first and then I did the brake pedal. After the brake pedal I ran the magnet down in the bucket. Where exactly is the anti rattle spring? It's an automatic car so maybe it is the brake pedal????

A clutch fork spring is much larger than that one.

This lever with the arrow is spring loaded so when you pull the handle it returns by itself. So look around in there and find where the spring goes. Good thing you have both ends of the spring so you can fine a similar replacement.

View attachment 1421363
I am not really seeing anything. Does the brake pedal assembly have a small spring in it as well? I dipped it after this one in the same bucket. This was it's first use. After I pulled out the brake pedal I ran a magnet down the bottom and found this.

That looks like the clutch fork return spring. I don't remember that spring when I restored my e-brake.
Definitely e brake or maybe the brake pedal assembly. I got a brand new 5 gallon bucket of evaporust and those are the only two parts that have been in it. Unfortunately I did not put a magnet down in it until after I had dipped both. I thought this spring to small to be in the brake pedal itself. It is just a little more than an inch in length.

Auto Transport Service
Back