• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger

Your car is really coming together. I'm not familiar with Claussens, is that a sealer/etch type primer

Looking mighty fine!!!!
The 68's are the creme de la creme of chargers in my book.

Hell yeah she's really coming together Charlie! I'll be using All-u-need for my primer coat too, awesome stuff :icon_thumleft:

Great work cdr! I just stumbled across this tread and read it all (haven't been on this site in a while).

I love threads like this when someone tackles all the work themselves, it's motivation for others and a great learning tool to.

I think its a good idea to cut the jambs in like you did, for the 'do-it-yourselfer' in his home garage, due to space constraints. Thats how I did my 69... I painted the engine compartment, then cut in all the jambs, I even went as far as going ahead and installing the engine, that way I could install doors/fenders/hood, then do my final wet sanding, and paint just the whole outside body, and not have to worry about chips/scratches putting the car together.

Keep up the good work,
Jason

got the pass side windows & weather strips done
524654_579331162125597_925447362_n.jpg

I was wondering how the order of install and the order of paint was best. Install glass after primer and before final paint but final paint jams and engine bay? I guess there are pros and cons for what ever order you do it.
Good work Charles, I'll be quizing you on the glass install.

Last edited:
I was wondering how the order of install and the order of paint was best. Install glass after primer and before final paint but final paint jams and engine bay? I guess there are pros and cons for what ever order you do it.
Good work Charles, I'll be quizing you on the galls install.

i really wanted to put the car together,do all the body work,take car back apart & paint it separate, but i just dont have the room and my health is not as i hoped it would be after i have been on my daily shots for almost 2 years,i kinda feel like i have to get this car together while i am able.
so i did the body work to the fenders & doors & coated with clausens,it is water proof wont rust ,cut the jams in & did the engine compartment & am gonna get this thing so i can drive it & finish the rest of the body work,also will start working on the big motor.

Your doing great CDR! YOU are an inspiration!
I can only imagine what you are going through, and you still find the time to inspire others.
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your build with us. And keep those pics coming! At some point on my build I'll be refering back to your thread!
I'll keep you in my prayers.

Your doing great CDR! YOU are an inspiration!
I can only imagine what you are going through, and you still find the time to inspire others.
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your build with us. And keep those pics coming! At some point on my build I'll be refering back to your thread!
I'll keep you in my prayers.
X2, sorry to hear about your health "hopefully nothing to serious". I agree, I've enjoyed watching your build and have picked up a few pointers along the way. Thanks and I wish the best for ya

GOT THE LEFT side glass installed ,weather strips & door panel.
970509_580989575293089_812145342_n.jpg

1381980_580989615293085_1184592994_n.jpg

1380841_580989658626414_789703957_n.jpg

The body work your doing is really looking good! I love those white gauges, i really think the make these older cars look good.. Especially in the rally dash's..

I like that hood scoop Charlie.. Is there a spot in this thread where you explain it?

You are really making some great progress - wont be long now and you will be out driving it. Wish I would have known about those Clausen products when doing the primer work on my car. It almost sounds like a miracle product.

Love the high gloss black, especially when done right...

I like you have some interior in her already too

Love the high gloss black, especially when done right...

I like you have some interior in her already too

most of my interior is just barely driver quality,but i can replace that stuff later,i want to drive this thing .

most of my interior is just barely driver quality,but i can replace that stuff later,i want to drive this thing .

I agree it has been really hard never having driven mine. Almost 4 years before i pulled it out and back in the garage. That was a huge motivator and realy lit a fire under my backside.

I've had mine in paint jail for over a year and it's driving me nuts. I can't imagine four years.

Auto Transport Service
Back