• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger

i am going with the 68 camaro spoiler,i like it better & also plastic so if it got bumped it wont damage anything else.
the SIX PACK HOOD HAS GOTTA GO.
1465199_608743172517729_1400281325_n.jpg

67089_608743215851058_1900383585_n.jpg

Think that spoiler looks a lot better, I was planning on checking out one for my car when the time comes since I heard you can pick them up for only something like 40 bucks! And x2 for going with a stock Charger hood, your car's gonna look awesome!

well,i dont know about a stock hood? i have hood clearance problems.but i have grown to NOT like the 6pack hood on my car.

I kinda like it "looks mean", I know what your saying about hood clearance thou, my hood would never shut if it didn't have a hole in it. I'm starting to like the front spoiler idea, how are you attaching it? My biggest concern would be bottoming it out and damaging the valence. Looking good

Just read through this whole post from the beginning and love what you're doing with this 68 CDR! Also hope you are in good health

I gotta say I'm seriously jealous of you Charger guys (747, MrSpeedFreak, H2E, CDR) My all time favorite car and the only car I'd dump my RR for in a heartbeat... someday maybe

I kinda like it "looks mean", I know what your saying about hood clearance thou, my hood would never shut if it didn't have a hole in it. I'm starting to like the front spoiler idea, how are you attaching it? My biggest concern would be bottoming it out and damaging the valence. Looking good

i drilled holes to mount the top & used thin fender washers on the plastic spoiler side,on the bottom lip of the spoiler they have steel braces that would work perfect,,,,but i decided to not use them,i am going to make some out of aluminum so if it gets bumped the bracing wont wipe out the lower valance. the spoiler cost 23.00 & the braces where 6.00,so i waist ed 6 bucks
GMK-4020-036-67S_ml.jpg

gmk-4020-035-671_s.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

GMK-4020-035-671_ml.jpg

Hmm time for a hemi scoop? :icon_thumleft: I think those look pretty good on Chargers. I'm sure it'll be a tight fit getting the "air hat" to fit whenever I get around to the procharger, I forgot do you have a high rise intake or?

Only $23 bucks? Can't beat that! So the braces are supposed to go from the lowest point of the back of the spoiler up to the valence?

Hmm time for a hemi scoop? :icon_thumleft: I think those look pretty good on Chargers. I'm sure it'll be a tight fit getting the "air hat" to fit whenever I get around to the procharger, I forgot do you have a high rise intake or?

Only $23 bucks? Can't beat that! So the braces are supposed to go from the lowest point of the back of the spoiler up to the valence?

yes on the braces,,yes on the intake,it is an indy 400-2 single plane with a 1 in spacer,it needs the spacer!!!

rewired my neutral safety switch from the starter relay to the a518 trans & made a harness for the reverse lights that all plugs into the factory wiring,also put switches in my console for the lock up converter & over drive.

67858_615639888494724_2072522734_n.jpg

ground some of my welds & shaped around the window,filler next
999788_615639891828057_1567875750_n.jpg

1474449_615640001828046_1153775737_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

1476019_615640101828036_1191998154_n.jpg

I like they way you used the cardboard to keep the overspray out.

X2, Thats a good idea, You did a good job on those switches, nice and clean and look like there original to the car, kind of a add on someone will ask about "Nitrous switch"? :) Cool..

i'll be honest,i dont like the look of the switches,but i need them illuminated & i have some nice led ones, but this works on a common power, separate grounds for lock up & od ,the leds wont light up wired backwards oh well.

I just read this whole thread 1-12, cdr first off got to hand it to you and I wish you the best with your health and project. The transmission work and install was incredible also the info/tips on grill repairs are great (definitely going to use that on a old beat up cracked console to make it into a 4-speed piece, thanks much, one question is your gauges on your dash and you being a do it yourselfer did you change color to white or did you send them out, just asking sorry if I missed answer in the thread, thanks again.

i'll be honest,i dont like the look of the switches,but i need them illuminated & i have some nice led ones, but this works on a common power, separate grounds for lock up & od ,the leds wont light up wired backwards oh well.
I don't think it looks bad at all CDR. Kinda down and back far enough that it shouldn't be that noticeable anyhow. As usual "looking good".

- - - Updated - - -

I just read this whole thread 1-12, cdr first off got to hand it to you and I wish you the best with your health and project. The transmission work and install was incredible also the info/tips on grill repairs are great (definitely going to use that on a old beat up cracked console to make it into a 4-speed piece, thanks much, one question is your gauges on your dash and you being a do it yourselfer did you change color to white or did you send them out, just asking sorry if I missed answer in the thread, thanks again.
Just thought I'd mention that if your console is made out of fiberglass like ours you won't want to use the ABS plastic on it. You can buy fiberglass repair kits, I repaired one "you want to repair them from the back side trying not to disturb the original texture. Sorry for the hijack.

No problem with hijack mines plastic also and it is very cracked and beat up so original texture is lost already somebody pieced it with strips of sheet metal and screws on back and covered with carpet, most people would have thrown it away but the most people part kinda leaves me out lol so now I am hatching a new plan ah-ha!!!! thanks, Dave

Auto Transport Service
Back