• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 CORONET DOOR TRIM QUESTION

XMAN JR

Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
The doors on the 68 coronet i am working on has holes on the top edge. They look like molding holes. The top of the quarters just below the quarter windows do not have any holes. Does the top quarter molding bolt/ clip on different ? The owner doesnt remember. It has been apart for some time. I have been trying to find pictures but all the ones i found do not have that molding on the door or quarter. Thanks

Sounds like you might have doors from a Coronet 440 that had the body line trim, see below.

If there are no trim holes on the quarters or fenders, there was no trim which means the doors you have were from a different car.
IMG_1033.JPG

what you described sounds correct, the holes in the top of the doors are for the chrome trim and the quarter pieces are held on with screw that go into clips behind the window fuzzys so no there is no holes on top of the quarter panel in that area.

what you described sounds correct, the holes in the top of the doors are for the chrome trim and the quarter pieces are held on with screw that go into clips behind the window fuzzys so no there is no holes on top of the quarter panel in that area.
Awesome thank you i was told they were the original doors the car has 43,000 original miles

I'm also interested, trying to find my original pieces after 30yrs and a high school restoration back then
Coronet and charger (in green). The charger pieces are wider. I can't find a photo of a Coronet with the door and quarter pieces and I can only find the quarter pieces in my stuff

PXL_20201127_220011002.jpg PXL_20201127_215959046.jpg

I restored a 68 Coronet 500 convertible and I remember those top of door, quarter moldings. Hot as frick in the summer sun when you put your arm up there when cruising though! :D

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back