• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 gtx A1 26 radiator on fender tag with 22 opening

Nope...but it is the same core support in my non AC 4spd GTX.....Thats my point....AC core support is no different than a non AC core support 26"...They are the same....

ok.... we agree..... I didn't mention 4 speed car because the chances of finding one to salvage are slim to none compared to the thousands of A/C cars..... A/C and 4 speed cars were mentioned earlier in the thread

ok.... we agree..... I didn't mention 4 speed car because the chances of finding one to salvage are slim to none compared to the thousands of A/C cars..... A/C and 4 speed cars were mentioned earlier in the thread
We agree now because you didn't include 4 speed cars as well.....just keeping the information accurate, thats all...

The chances for EITHER these days are slim to none........Or one worth to salvage.....

We agree now because you didn't include 4 speed cars as well.....just keeping the information accurate, thats all...

The chances for EITHER these days are slim to none........Or one worth to salvage.....

That really depends on where you live....
IMG_4279.JPG
IMG_4278.JPG
IMG_4277.JPG

Well,when we're all done with this tag,need a little help here !!!
confused.gif

Bad Tag-001.jpg

i presume you climbed on that unstable rusty pile to get pics of tags.

Funny you should ask that.... I haven't got photos but there's nothing special anymore... But about ten years ago there was a 70 Charger that had been sitting on top of a station wagon I'd grabbed a few parts off of it but never looked that hard... The doors were gone, the front end was hammered, all the rear trim was gone.... Turns out it was a V code.... And got hauled out & posted on Ebay....

After that I checked every VIN... Couple 72-73 H code Dusters but not much else...

The yard hasn't crushed anything old in many years, most cars are pretty picked over but there are still lots of little tidbits...

my Lynch Rd tag..... I assume the "T" shaped stamp on the right side is an inspection mark?

20191130_172713.jpg

Pictures of cars but hunks of junk, lol.....But quality viable part is a different question.........

Show me the part in question versus rear ends of butchered junk...lol..

I would but since my computer crashed a few months ago I lost allot of photos... Yes the cars are heaps, but they are rust free heaps that actually have provided allot of good parts.... If they were better cars they wouldn't be parts cars.....

I would but since my computer crashed a few months ago I lost allot of photos... Yes the cars are heaps, but they are rust free heaps that actually have provided allot of good parts.... If they were better cars they wouldn't be parts cars.....
Your pics explain enough to me of what is there.....The typical "junk" I have seen that might have some bolts, clips and other small parts...and if you're lucky you might find something else....

If it is so great how come you left stuff there.....

When I ravaged cars in junkyards, what was left went to the crusher....

Your pics explain enough to me of what is there.....The typical "junk" I have seen that might have some bolts, clips and other small parts...and if you're lucky you might find something else....

If it is so great how come you left stuff there.....

When I ravaged cars in junkyards, what was left went to the crusher....

I don't need anymore old car parts... I don't try to make money selling parts, I have enough to build the cars in my shop & when I'm done I'm done...

The question was about a 26" radiator support... Two of those cars have straight fully intact 26" radiator supports....

You said they don't exist I say it depends on where you live.... As I posted earlier, the cars are picked over, they won't be crushed so they still provide trinkets...

I don't need anymore old car parts... I don't try to make money selling parts, I have enough to build the cars in my shop & when I'm done I'm done...

The question was about a 26" radiator support... Two of those cars have straight fully intact 26" radiator supports....

You said they don't exist I say it depends on where you live.... As I posted earlier, the cars are picked over, they won't be crushed so they still provide trinkets...
I didn't say they didn't exist...Where did I state that exactly....I said slim to none.....So there is a possibility but very very hard to find....

Based on pictures of the rears of butchered rides.......lol......The pics don't help with what you're referring to....It would have been best to picture the front in question, then maybe my assessment would change.....So get that computer working....

Kinda reminds me in relation to finishes on suspension and door parts.......:poke:

I didn't say they didn't exist...Where did I state that exactly....I said slim to none.....So there is a possibility but very very hard to find....

Based on pictures of the rears of butchered rides.......lol......The pics don't help with what you're referring to....It would have been best to picture the front in question, then maybe my assessment would change.....So get that computer working....

Kinda reminds me in relation to finishes on suspension and door parts.......:poke:

And your still wrong about door parts.....

And your still wrong about door parts.....
LOL....You're too funny....You still have not provided proof....you mean that one rusty part you shot from inside an old door? Versus the many I have researched but you still have not provided the key area on that part which will confirm the bracket finish...WHY? As I told you previously its right there but its not visible......Still waiting for the more information you were going to provide...or did that crash and burn with your computer....

I find it interesting your so concerned with that one part.....Why didn't you restore your suspension components with that same concern? A lot wrong there....Just saying.....

LOL....You're too funny....You still have not provided proof....you mean that one rusty part you shot from inside an old door? Versus the many I have researched but you still have not provided the key area on that part which will confirm the bracket finish...WHY? As I told you previously its right there but its not visible......Still waiting for the more information you were going to provide...or did that crash and burn with your computer....

I find it interesting your so concerned with that one part.....Why didn't you restore your suspension components with that same concern? A lot wrong there....Just saying.....

All this from a guy who posts that he paints dash bezels cause having them plated is to expensive.... I think we're done here... I'll build my cars my way & you can continue to talk ****...

All this from a guy who posts that he paints dash bezels cause having them plated is to expensive.... I think we're done here... I'll build my cars my way & you can continue to talk ****...
Really...That was in relation to a duster.....Which was my daily driver.....I also know the OP of that thread whom is on a budget and I provided him another option that elicits a close but not exact result....I stated that clearly in that thread "IF NOT OE" ring a bell?...So what's your problem with that? Prick...

Shall we compare threads on restorations?.........Wanna still make your crack comment as you did above, stud?

Yeah, we are done here because proof is in your work and shows your words don't match.....Thanks for making that clear here...

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 8.07.05 PM.png

Last edited:
my gtx has A1 option shows 26 inch radiator. However the opening is for 22 inch all factory spotwelds are on core support. The stamped number on core matches fender tag.
View attachment 874494 View attachment 874499 View attachment 874500

My old 68 Hemi GTX convertible (that I sold 33 years ago) had a 22" core support & the opening was modified to 26". Nut & bolts held the radiator on. I knew the car from the late 70's & it was never wrecked, so one can only assume that it was a factory mistake & was modified before it left the factory.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back