• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 road runner restoration, don't laugh its paid for.

Looks like a great project Jeff, Good luck with all your plans!

image.jpgimage.jpgHere are a couple shots of the year one 17s. I bought them for the wilwood brakes I used. But stock brakes and stock style suspension I'd say go 15s. But that is a great foundation. Keep on keepin on!!

dang thats a nice solid car to start with. i really like the red with white interior

You have a great car their. Make sure after you install window corners, that you lead the corners in and avoid all types of Bondo, I mean short hair and long hair or no hair.

Man that's in excellent shape. Reminds me of another 68 RR as far as pre resto condition goes

68 RoadRunner

I'm real happy it found a good home. I had no place to work on it and kept it in storage for years. My ex tried to sell it to a cop when I had it stored in here Pole Barn. Did you like the battery charger I stuck in the trunk before shipping?

- - - Updated - - -

041.jpg

68 runner, its changed hands a couple times. Wierd story. Can I call you? I have some questions?

Wow, like others have said definitely nothing to laugh at! Great buy and an outstanding solid project. :icon_thumleft:

And here's my 2 pennies on the wheels, I know a lot of the people don't like anything bigger than 15's and that's understandable. Maybe cause I'm only 21 I'm a little more ok with larger wheels, but IMHO 18's all the way around start to look a hair too big to me (see Fast Five '70 Charger). Haven't seen it done on anything other than a Charger but I staggered mine with 17" up front and 18" rears, looks just right to me but again that's just personal preference, everyone's got their own :shruggy:

LOWANGLE1_zps99064e57.jpg

IMAG1858_zpseaf5547a.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your progress :eek:ccasion14:

I think they look great on that Charger! I am a lot older and i guess to be honest i prefer 15 to 17 in wheels, but with me it depends on the model of car, some like yours look good with larger wheels, to me anyway, on others may not look as good, just my thoughts on them.. :)

What a great car! Both condition wise and what it is.

I saw a set of the big Magnums on a 69 Charger and they looked really good. I even gave them some thought until I saw how much they cost. Anyway, the good news is they are a bolt on, so not like a permanent change. Some of my cars I'm sure came with the pizza cutter 14" tires with hub caps and I guarantee you they will not be reinstalled! I'm a day two modification kind of guy, so period correct wheels and accessories will be used.

Wow, like others have said definitely nothing to laugh at! Great buy and an outstanding solid project. :icon_thumleft:

18's all the way around start to look a hair too big to me (see Fast Five '70 Charger). Haven't seen it done on anything other than a Charger but I staggered mine with 17" up front and 18" rears, looks just right to me but again that's just personal preference, everyone's got their own :shruggy:

Looking forward to seeing your progress :eek:ccasion14:

I agree, 18's look a bit too big on these cars. Speed maybe it is because you're young but then I guess that makes me young at heart, I like the bigger wheels too. With that being said it has to be proportional to the body. Absolutely no 24's on the Malibu frm da hood! Ya no wht I say'n!

Looks like a really solid car. Don't find them like that in Pa. Good luck on the resto. I would think about puttin the black vinyl top back on. I think that would make the car. Bruce
I agree.black vinyl top for sure.you don't see to many RR's w/the vinyl tops I would reconsider if I was you..that's how it was built..just a thought..very nice RR you got there.cant wait to see it get done..God Bless..Bear R.-

im 45 but i guess im young at heart as well i think the 17s look at home on such a big car. i have 2 sets if 14 magnums but i would like to find a cheap set of 15s to restore and put tires on. definately gonna drive it with the 17s though. i like to put cars back somewhat original looking (clean) but i also like a big nostalgic wheel that fits the era of the car. im gonna post a pic of the last car i did. i found a set of billet specialties 17s that look just like an old halibrand and i think they match the car. im with you guys on the hoopdie look. no way for me. i think the wheels on the gto kind of match the era and go well with it. the gto is a clone i did because i wanted to do one like i wanted it. im gonna keep the rr more original because its what im passionate about. dont slam me for posting a non mopar pic but i wanted to show you where my head was. lolgto pics 01.jpg

I agree, 18's look a bit too big on these cars. Speed maybe it is because you're young but then I guess that makes me young at heart, I like the bigger wheels too. With that being said it has to be proportional to the body. Absolutely no 24's on the Malibu frm da hood! Ya no wht I say'n!

Lol, 10-4 BigBlock! I'll pass on the pimpmobiles.. :rofl:

And Jeff that GTO is awesome! :icon_thumleft: Imo 17's are perfect "bigger" wheels for these cars in general, I like the 18" rears on mine, but my buddy has a '68 Roadrunner he did up like a '69 A-12 car with 17" torque thrusts all the way around and they look great with the Roadrunner body

/\ /\ /\ /\ you make me real jealous. Lol sweet ride. Mine came with a white top, im gonna put the pearl white seats back in it and Im not fond of a white top. Sweet car though keeps me motivated looking at all you guys cars.

/\ /\ /\ /\ you make me real jealous. Lol sweet ride. Mine came with a white top, im gonna put the pearl white seats back in it and Im not fond of a white top. Sweet car though keeps me motivated looking at all you guys cars.

Black top and white interior looks fine too .. or delete the vinyl top

Auto Transport Service
Back