• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Roadrunner (Minnesota)

Glenn1

Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
Hello again,
I thought I'd try to keep a thread on my Roadrunner project.

A little recap:
This Roadrunner was bought about 15 years ago with the idea of getting it running. I think the car is complete nothing missing, however, the guy I bought it from said it did not start. (fair enough). The car is a 383 with an auto, white interior.

The Plan:
Take the car apart to see what I have to work with. So far I have the front off and removed the motor.

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0031.jpg

PICT0052.jpg

Very kool, I love the `68's and will enjoy watching this resto. Let me know if you need any help, advise or even parts, I have some stuff left-over from the "DOGS" resto. Also love the white interior, mine will be white over black.:grin:

what's the fancy shoot'n stick leaning against the garage there?

I had to laugh when I looked at my own pictures, I did not notice that in the background. The stick is one of those Gammo pellet guns.

A few pictures of the engine area. I was happy to see everything looked pretty solid.

PICT0002_2.jpg

PICT0007_2.jpg

Wow, can't wait to see this! Nice. Also, I noticed either an old MOPAR oil filter, or, a Purolator one, at any rate, if it's a Purolator filter, they were the rage in the early 80s.

The last time this car saw the road was 1980, well according to the license tabs anyway.

nice looking 68 to start a resto with.hope you don't have too many hidden surprises.

Yeah, nice car and looks very complete! My 68 is originally white with black interior and top. I see you even have slot mags. Mine had them when I got it back in 82 and looking at some old pictures I think it looks really good. I think I'm going back to slots!

Heres a few numbers:

RM21

21=2 door coupe

H

H= 383 note: engine has 2468130 cast in block below heads

G

G= assembly plant St Louis

A few fender tag codes:

Paint: QQ1 Blue Metallic
Interior: H4C

Thanks everyone,

Well, it was a good weeks vacation, I did not work on the car everyday, however , I got a good start. Motor was removed and had a chance to talk to a shop for engine rebuilding. The rest of the front is off up to the doors and I also found a guy to blast the whole car once its apart. Its also looking like I might not have to replace the whole floor, so far it just soft in the pedal area.

PICT0003_3.jpg

PICT0007_3.jpg

PICT0009_3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back