• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Super Bee project

I personally would “sure-grip” now when it’s out.

Agree! You should, it is a great upgrade I think and now that it is out it will be easier :thumbsup:

And when buying you can cry when thinking about that option cost about $30-35 in ‘69

Sure grip.

Someone will want you to do a burnout sometime and a one wheel smoke show is for the ferd and chebby guys....:lol:

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and do it. Been looking at the auburn gear set up. Jegs has it on sale right now to.

Ok guys I'm back after a little break. Haven't had much time to do a whole lot on the car. I bought a 92 w250 back in December to tow with and that's occupied my time getting freshened up. But in the last few weeks I'm happy to say I've been able to get back on the car. I got the doors fitted and fenders are ready to be permanently fitted. Just have to blast my shock tower area and get it in epoxy and we're good to go.

IMG_2716.JPG

Looking great! Man I wish I had more garage space.

Hey guys, I've been able to make pretty good progress despite a vacation and general life responsibilities haha. Got my shock towers stripped and epoxied, engine bay touched up and primed, and fenders and doors fitted for good. I'm very happy with the ways it's went back together. I had to do a little work on the new quarters at the jam but not to bad. Hopefully this week I'll start spraying my Featherfill G2!

IMG_2878.JPG IMG_2879.JPG IMG_2880.JPG

Quick update, just been block sanding away. This was my first time using featherfill g2 and I must say I love it! Got my paint in today as well. Single stage sun fire yellow. Got it from Tamco paints. They have amazing products. I used there single stage black on my Trailduster years ago and it still looks great. And It matches perfect.

IMG_2929.JPG IMG_2930.JPG IMG_2931.JPG

Never tried the the feather full stuff. If you had to compare it to primer coats how thick does it go on?

Never tried the the feather full stuff. If you had to compare it to primer coats how thick does it go on?
Goes on pretty thick but lays smooth.i did 3 coats blocked and then touched up a few spots with a couple coats. It doesn't shrink so thats how it's able to cover imperfections so well. It doesn't shrink into them like epoxy or other primers do. It sands way easier to. I've already coated it with 2 coats of 2k and am wetsanding now and it's looking slick!

how many gallons have you used of the feather fill on your car. Collecting all my materials while I finish customers cars. got my SPI epoxy and SPI 2k primer.

So far I've just done the sides, and I've used just over half a gallon. So by the time I do the top half I'll be a full gallon for sure maybe need a little more. But I have another gallon so I may end up opening it for at least one coat.

So I'm adding two gallons of feather fill the the list. Lol.
Haha it depends on how rough your car is to. Mine wasn't to bad so it didn't take as much. Also make sure you use a big tip in your gun. It makes it spray waaay better.

Been making some progress lately. Painted the fender wells, and underxoated the bottom. Sides, hood, and trunklid are wet sanded and done. All that's left is the roof and tops of the fenders and quarters. Got it off the rotisserie today and on to some stands inbuilt to roll the body around.

Hey guys, got my engine bay,doors, and trunk done. Hopefully this week I'll paint the rest and it'll finally be painted. Feb will be 5 years since I started and it feels good to see shiney color!

IMG_3188.JPG IMG_3190.JPG IMG_3191.JPG IMG_3192.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back