• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Super Bee project

You are really talented at doing all of the work on your own...you must have years of experience.

Got it done today! I'm beat but I'm happy to see it shiney after almost 5 years of primers haha. Gonna cut and buff it over the weekend and probably into next week and start putting it back together!

IMG_3206.JPG IMG_3207.JPG

Looks good:thumbsup: Are you planning on stripe or stripe delete?

holy $@!+ I am so stealing the harbor freight paint booth idea. that helps keep the crap from settling on the car. Great idea.

holy $@!+ I am so stealing the harbor freight paint booth idea. that helps keep the crap from settling on the car. Great idea.
Yeah I usually use a friends paint booth but i decided to give it a try. It got the job done.

Nice work, car is looking great! Tell me about this harbor Freight booth, I've always had my best luck painting in plastic booths and am looking for ideas.

Nice work, car is looking great! Tell me about this harbor Freight booth, I've always had my best luck painting in plastic booths and am looking for ideas.
Real simple, HB car canopy $95 (when I got it, I think they're more now). 3.5 mil 2 rolls 10x25 from Home Depot and 1 roll of 9x12. Put it up in my shop up to my roll up door. Put my shop fan up front and let the door down to the top of it. Sealed the sides with extra plastic I had. Zip ties the plastic to the canopy bar. As always name of the game is cleanliness. It has enough room for me to get around the car. Another 1' would be nice though. Here's a couple pics of the back and inside. I've got about $130 in it.

IMG_3202.JPG IMG_3205.JPG

In my last garage I built a paint room using metal siding so it could be washed down then had an exhaust fan in the wall that could be adjusted... always got dirt no matter how much I cleaned it! Before that I did what you did only hanging it from the ceiling and had great results, pretty sure it's the static in the plastic that crabs dust? I'm building another garage and was looking for a more convenient way of hanging plastic, that looks like a great option. Thanks

In my last garage I built a paint room using metal siding so it could be washed down then had an exhaust fan in the wall that could be adjusted... always got dirt no matter how much I cleaned it! Before that I did what you did only hanging it from the ceiling and had great results, pretty sure it's the static in the plastic that crabs dust? I'm building another garage and was looking for a more convenient way of hanging plastic, that looks like a great option. Thanks
Yeah I think the static helps. And when your done fold it all back up and have the shop floor back. I've had the same experience with metal siding booths. Close the door and dirt rains down lol.

Yep. Those metal booths are only good as the person that cleans them. WesleyK you are 100% correct. Was one of my biggest complaints was helpers slamming my booth doors. Painted for years in a paint booth. I have gotten cleaner jobs out of my home shop.

Been making some progress assembling a few things back on the car. Got my trim polished and back on along with weatherstripping, grill restored, and pop out glass in. Saving my pennies now for the sure grip. Planning on starting on the axle housing this week and get it painted and ready once my center section is done.

IMG_3311.JPG IMG_3313.JPG IMG_3314.JPG

Hey guys, I've been meaning to do one of these for my Bee since I got it but haven't got around till now. I've had it about 3 1/2 years. Car is a 383/4spd in Y2 yellow, black interior. Car came with a 69 stripe, and a flat hood. I have a nice bulge good for it though. Alot of these pics are a couple years old so I'll be posting more in the days to come to get it to where it is now. But so far it's been a lot of metal work. New quarter skins, floors trunk floor, fenders, doors and trunk lid are all done and in epoxy. The cars was painted like 4-5 times so the paint was crazy thick not to mention massive amounts of bondo over rust in places. But so far so good, it's getting there.

View attachment 509416 View attachment 509417 View attachment 509418 View attachment 509419 View attachment 509421 View attachment 509425 View attachment 509426 View attachment 509427 View attachment 509428
Wow doing your self alone?

Auto Transport Service
Back