• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Air grabber underhood components - availability

RGAZ

Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
Guys,

What is the general availability both NOS and restorations for the underhood components of a 69 air grabber system?

Is there a resto that is actually very good? Any recommendations?

In looking for a NOS at swap meets, what are the common trouble areas or problems you have seen?

I haven't seen much discussion on this topic and wanted to gain some insight.

thanks.
Randy

Only thing I can see with mine is I could use a little oil or graphite or something in the cables.

I lucked out bigtime that way.

good luck man

The long "air grabber" cable and the short duct door cable that Dale makes at Dale's Cuda shop along with the "air grabber" red tag and the air box front decal "Air Grabber" are about as close to NOS as you can come! They are perfect!

As well as his rubber air cleaner seal. All the seal needs to look NOS assy line is a dusting of talc powder.

There is an outfit called "Hybrid fiberglass solutions", i believe they sell repo kits of the air box and repo air cleaners also. you can find their stuff on the web. good luck!

Quite a few repro air cleaners on Ebay, around $325US. They look good and jeez I'm tempted to get one and sit it on top of my little 318 until the 440 arrives.:yes:

Quite a few repro air cleaners on Ebay, around $325US. They look good and jeez I'm tempted to get one and sit it on top of my little 318 until the 440 arrives.:yes:
They look great on 318's, here are some pic's of my old 74' Challenger and 68' Sattelite.

image0.jpg

The repops are pretty close in color. Call stiffies.com for a real one. Refurbished.....right color. Like I said it is close. You can find parts pretty easy. At swap meets I have seem flaws in fiberglass and just worn cables.other than that they are kinda hard to come by for original equipment, but it is out there for a price. Good luck. Look around and be patient.

Auto Transport Service
Back