• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 B-body vent window seal replacement

gkent

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
How do these come apart to swap out the seals? I assume the pin has to be yanked out - no luck with that so far. Can't see it being a bid seal if I just cut it off flush to the post. What bout the small screw ... is that an allen head or flat blade? If allen head, what size ??

IMG_5878.JPG

IMG_5876[1].JPG

IMG_5877[1].JPG

That's just the screw hole for your door seal on the front edge of the vent frame. As for the restrictor pin on the pivot pin, I was sure glad the last guy that owned my Dart cut them off. Thanks to that I was able to pull them out and change things without pulling the entire vent frame out of the door. Changing the seal is shown in my Bee restoration thread.. I'll go look for the page..

When you did those vent window frames, did you spray any sort of coating on the lower channels? I'm considering a quick shot of "stainless" paint for a bit of protection - although they have lasted 50 years! They look like they had been cad platede or galvanized and there is some minor rust.

Oh, and who carries those top pivot inserts and washers - the piece that fits through the hole in the glass?

Ya they're galvanized. A bit of wire wheel and some Krown rust protection spray and you'll never care again...

The rubber in the pivot mount hole is found by being creative in the plumbing isle for tap washers..

The rubber in the pivot mount hole is found by being creative in the plumbing isle for tap washers..
I was needing a couple of those grommets a few years ago and ended up using hardware store washers as well. But someone was going to reproduce them, and I would think they are available by now. Might have been DMT, but I can't remember....

They're a pretty thin washer. Mine are still usable but odds and ends like that are nice to pick up at places like Carlisle.

Auto Transport Service
Back