• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger. 426 Hemi. EFI E85

Working on some new wheels but will probably take a while,

They did take a while but I am very happy with the result. At first I was going to order aluminum wheels that looked like steel and paint them but then decided I wanted W23 recall wheels.

They are 15x8 and 15x10, glass bead finish and fratzog added to center cap.

Image (5).jpeg

They did take a while but I am very happy with the result. At first I was going to order aluminum wheels that looked like steel and paint them but then decided I wanted W23 recall wheels.

They are 15x8 and 15x10, glass bead finish and fratzog added to center cap.

View attachment 1411234
Those are Beautiful

Thanks guys!

Page one post six of this thread details the seats.

FS??...means? If for sale, no.

And here they are. I always thought the recall wheel had a nice look to it but it was just too narrow. I think the design in 15x8 and 15x10 changes the look a lot. :)

IMG_2248.jpg
IMG_2247.jpg
IMG_2244.jpg
IMG_2243.jpg
IMG_2263.jpg
IMG_2260.jpg
IMG_2259.jpg
IMG_2258.jpg
IMG_2256.jpg
IMG_2255.jpg

Beautiful
Were these the first set in this size that you had made?
Wonder if another set would be a little cheaper.

Looks good. Different but good. I like Different.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to driving it with the 80 treadwear road race tires. I'm thinking I should probably do some type of paint film (hopefully I can find something easily removable) at least until the tires get broken in.

Shrink wrap.

Lol!

Was there any modifications needed to get that chrome dome to fit with the EFI? I want to put one on my 572 hemi but I have heard of fitment issues with EFI.

I suppose it depends on what efi exactly. Since I converted my intake and used shorter injectors there is more room between the rails and air filter base.

If tbi and not port injection you may have other clearance issues with the bulkiness of the throttle bodies.

That being said, I did cut/section the base to raise it and make it -less- of a drop base. Not for clearance to any components but so there was more room for airflow. (between lid and base)

IMG_0408.jpg

I suppose it depends on what efi exactly. Since I converted my intake and used shorter injectors there is more room between the rails and air filter base.

If tbi and not port injection you may have other clearance issues with the bulkiness of the throttle bodies.

That being said, I did cut/section the base to raise it and make it -less- of a drop base. Not for clearance to any components but so there was more room for airflow. (between lid and base)

View attachment 1420621
Thanks for the info! Makes me feel a bit more comfortable buying the chrome dome set up.

A few alterations.

Added HVH 1/2" spacers under the throttle bodies

Changed stock diameter lower pulley to ASP underdrive (it was blowing belts into low earth orbit) Way too much pulley ratio for the rpm.

Switched from 20w-50 Brad Penn to 5w-30 Royal Purple XPR. Also changed to synthetic trans and diff fluid.

Rebuilt tailpipes (they got smashed) with the largest radius bends I could fit.

Last thing that I'm sure made a difference to the results was removing 15x10 steel wheels and replaced with W23-ish 15x10 aluminum wheels.

Jim2.jpg

Thank you. Yes, I wired in a relay so the hood lights are dual purpose.

They still function as turn signals and also illuminate by an rpm based output from the efi system.

What is your experience with the Avon's? How is the traction and handling? Do they trow a lot of pebbles around? Are they any good in the wet?

I also kept the 15's on my Dart and went 275/60. My new tires are also V rated but they are Vitour Galaxy tires. Unfortunately my car isn't ready yet so never drove on those. My old tires were also BF Goodrichs.

And man, your 69 looks killer, you sir have great taste!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back