• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger project

broken wrench

Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
I picked up a project mid way through panel replacements, new front floors,rockers have been done. the rear truck floor is not welded in or tail light panel and lower rear quarter wheel wells.

My buddy had it on a stand, he originally had it on rotisary. But was worried about body flex so took it off. I have it on my lift currently, but was wondering if I can put it back on rotisary or even put front and rear suspension in and set it down without hurting it?

I am read through pages of info, this site is awesome guys !!

The car history last time it was street legal was 1988, it's originally a big block car from what I have been told. But he lost motor and tranny to machine shop folding. I got a 360/727 combo with car and everything except the seats,carpet,headliner.

I have good all around mechanic skills and fab skills, but body work is foriegn to me !!! thanks for any input guys

I will get more detailed pics tomorrow,

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

Welcome to the Forum! Looks like a good project you have there, You may want to give an intro in Welcome wagon... You'll find some great folks here always willing to help. Looking forward to your updates and following along!! Good luck.

Welcome! Looks like a great project. I don't see no issues with dropping her on the ground being the floor pans, rockers, roof and torsion bar crossmember are all solid. Myself I would put jackstands forward of the hump, get her level and start taking measurements. As far as the rotisserie, I would be pretty hesitant to put the car on that yet, being it would mount to the rear rail flats and there is nothing supporting those in place, seeing the back pan is out and the rear tail light panel is not secured to anything.

My 2 cents...Good luck moving forward on your Charger

you are going to be fine. hey you had the smarts to ask before putting it on a rotisserie i agree with prop there is not much supoting the rear frame rails right now i waould put it on stands level it up and put the rear pans in for sure. good luck

thanks for the input guys, at the moment it's on my lift supported at front sub frame and rear right in front of spring mounts. Going to do as suggested and put suspension in and put my I-beam under it and level it right in front of rear springs.

this is going to be a lot of work, and a new road for me. but not afraid to weld. more pics and any pointers of where i might be headed for a screw up greatly appreciated.

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

I will also head over to welcome wagon and intro myself. Thanks Guys

Just an idea, but as long as you got that trunk pan in there and it's where you want it, use a marker or a spay can of light colored paint and mark all the edges of the frame rails and shakle mounts. That way when you pull it back out you'll know where to drill all your holes for the the spot welds next to.

Just my 2 cents.

looks like a good project.just throwing my 2 cents in, get yourself a couple legal pads so if you do any measuring or have any ideas that you might want to do in the future or even a game plan for the car write it down so you can go back and check it every so often.

If somebody may please scan Charger's tachometer and speedometer.sorry for my English

Auto Transport Service
Back