• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Coronet, 440 6 pack ex wannabee in Aus

If the manifold is aluminum, it's either an original A12 or the EDE CH6. A very good manifold. The meter plates appear to be the '69 1/2, the '70 & later plates have different shape.

If the manifold is aluminum, it's either an original A12 or the EDE CH6. A very good manifold. The meter plates appear to be the '69 1/2, the '70 & later plates have different shape.
Yeah it’s aluminium but has no casting numbers or brand on it. So is the 69 1/2 plates not as good due to the modification? That thin plate is all bent up now. Not super bad but definitely not straight.

Photos of the intake.

243DE83C-6F3E-4E2F-9795-AEB20B550E97.jpeg

72CE9527-3F67-470F-B3F0-E46C17227838.jpeg

So apparently some one ground off the numbers. My set off '70 carbs worked the best. Not sure why.

Looks like one of the contributing factors on the plates being stuck was the use of cork gaskets from a parts store rebuild kit and not a Holley. Hopefully the secondary bowls don't have the big nut stuck/stripped.

Why would anyone grind the numbers off? Well it fits in with the rest of the weird things I find on this car haha.
No idea why. But I know both the OEM A-12 manifold and EDE aftermarket version had casting numbers. I had both. Back in the day, I ground a lot of stuff off, but never off the intake.

No idea why. But I know both the OEM A-12 manifold and EDE aftermarket version had casting numbers. I had both. Back in the day, I ground a lot of stuff off, but never off the intake.
Yeah maybe they just wanted it to look flush. Would have been nice to know what it was.

Looks like one of the contributing factors on the plates being stuck was the use of cork gaskets from a parts store rebuild kit and not a Holley. Hopefully the secondary bowls don't have the big nut stuck/stripped.
Yeah they are really stuck on there good. The only kit i could source locally isnt the 6 pack kit. its a holley fast 2300 kit, but it doesnt look like it comes with the secondary metering plate gasket. I have to try hunt that down now

Back in the day, was able to get the Holley 6 Pak kits. They had the different versions of the end carb meter plate gaskets. The meter plates were a separate purchase. I was lucky to have a Holley distributor warehouse about 20 miles away and had any part I wanted. The Holley 2300 kit that I got for my oddball modified 500 CFM center carb was not even close to the 6 Pak kit.

Yeah they are really stuck on there good. The only kit i could source locally isnt the 6 pack kit. its a holley fast 2300 kit, but it doesnt look like it comes with the secondary metering plate gasket. I have to try hunt that down now
Check out the needle and seat units. If they are brass with a big jam nut, stay far away from it.

Back in the day, was able to get the Holley 6 Pak kits. They had the different versions of the end carb meter plate gaskets. The meter plates were a separate purchase. I was lucky to have a Holley distributor warehouse about 20 miles away and had any part I wanted. The Holley 2300 kit that I got for my oddball modified 500 CFM center carb was not even close to the 6 Pak kit.
I did find some 6 pack kits, they werent cheap and the shipping killled it for me. Hopefully this kit i am gettting does the job otherwise this poor man will have to pay twice.

I’ve stripped my fuel pump to inspect the internals. Does anyone know the specs of this pump? I’ve tried searching the web but no luck.
Also when I took it apart a small foam block fell out. Where does that go?

4CF85E7E-28C6-4E0B-9F65-91D457E4FA4D.jpeg

E030A46C-F6DF-48AA-A04D-7C230597BFBD.jpeg

4B2682E1-C9B2-4B28-B8A1-F33EAD5CFDE6.jpeg

FFA280A1-7332-490F-9EC5-FBDE47DE03DB.jpeg

34C06D0F-CED8-4A39-BC6F-2E7CF17D25D8.jpeg

F5F823DC-CA3C-4FE0-BC2A-FCADDDAEC95F.jpeg

38AE9899-0C9F-4C72-A45A-A76AABC4A851.jpeg

Ive seen this pump online at summit, it doesnt have the same appearance as the one i have, well the inlet side at least. Is this style for the use with a vapour separator?

1658962027905.png

I have started the tear down on the carbs. I have found they had the secondary hose blocked off. Is that a common thing? The fuel nuts were all stripped so i will have to get new ones of those. The metering plate was stuck on there and to get it off it’s now bent. If I don’t go with promaxx are they pretty common to buy? Also can anyone ID the intake. There are no markings

View attachment 1318233

View attachment 1318234

View attachment 1318235

View attachment 1318236

View attachment 1318237

View attachment 1318238

View attachment 1318239
If you hose those down with carb cleaner and let it soak in, those plates will peel right off.

Nice. I will do that tonight.
Any advice to bring that aluminium manifold to look a lot better?
It looks like it was sanded and polished, possibly? I've used acid to brighten cast iron before, but not sure on yours.

so ive just bought the Pro-Max metering block, throttle base, jet plate kit, lower and upper hose kit. Now i play the waiting game with shipping and customs. Ive spoke to a guy in Aus who replates carbs. seems a bit pricey to get them done though so i will shop around first. Charges $600AUD/carb bout 400USD.

so ive just bought the Pro-Max metering block, throttle base, jet plate kit, lower and upper hose kit. Now i play the waiting game with shipping and customs. Ive spoke to a guy in Aus who replates carbs. seems a bit pricey to get them done though so i will shop around first. Charges $600AUD/carb bout 400USD.
I had an AVS done locally here, and it was about 230 for it. He puts them on an engine that he has on a run stand and dials them in for you. He calls you up and lets you hear it running and idling, revving, etc. I was happy with it. I would say in your area, 300 US would be a fair amount, but a question came to me while writing this, does he replate them for that dollar amount? If so, that doesn't sound too hateful.

Auto Transport Service
Back