• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX Lower Body Black Paint

Jack Luckhowec

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
Mopar Experts,
Looking for a good aerosol paint to touch-up after a small repair on my 69 GTX. Planning to paint the whole section behind the rear wheels, so it doesn't need to match perfectly. I will redo the whole bottom in the future.
Any suggestions on a good match?
Thanks
Jack
PXL_20220606_233532254.jpg

That's why I have 3 or 4 different cans of semi-gloss/satin black, haha...it depends on what the rest of your black-out looks like.
I tend toward SEM Trim Black or Krylon for rattle-can satin blacks.

Depends on whether they used organasol on it before. Organasol is a lacquer. I got it from PPG for my 69 GTX and actually got the original chrysler bulletin on how to spray it. It's what Chrysler used originally but I don't know if its available now. What's the texture like? it should be a little textured. Some guys use hot rod black from kerker. I've seen satins and semi gloss used also. year one and classic industries used to sell it.

hey...checkout a website that is called 8774paint1.com they have spray cans organisol they advertise. $26.20 a can

never bought from them so can't attest to its quality...good luck!!

Auto Transport Service
Back