• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Stopped by to see the car today. Great progress by the team at Noel Automotive. Headliner, steering column, dash, carpet, all in. Plus lots of misc stuff.

IMG_20230317_105113057_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230317_105118849_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230317_105135686.jpg

So the one bummer is, Keith found the rear window opening is way out of wack. Trim won't fit. So he's agreed to fix it. Full disclosure this was not due to him! Soooo we are holding off on the vinyl top till it's fixed. That means windshield will have to wait too. Another kick in the butt is the AMD rear glass is absolutely terrible! So I'll be ordering more glass.

So the one bummer is, Keith found the rear window opening is way out of wack. Trim won't fit. So he's agreed to fix it. Full disclosure this was not due to him! Soooo we are holding off on the vinyl top till it's fixed. That means windshield will have to wait too. Another kick in the butt is the AMD rear glass is absolutely terrible! So I'll be ordering more glass.
The AMD rear glass bulge is well known. From whom will you be ordering more glass? Is the glass from Classic any different, or same supplier?

Is he going to modify the rear window trim for a good reveal? How bad was your original rear glass? I'd almost use anything original over the crap they call repops.

I've tried my best to warn everyone about the rear glass. I truly don't believe that Justin's was any better from ECS as he'd never give me a clear shot and I forgot to give it a good look when at the Gilmore.

Last edited:

I think fixing the dutchman panel was the right choice. The misshapen glass came up last week when I posted a picture of a Mod Top Super Bee. What a disappointment...

That really sucks about the lower rear window opening. There really is no other option but to have it fixed now. Kind of odd that your body guy didn't compare the fit with you trim while in the welding stage....

I'm going to have the Dutchman panel fixed. Not sure if anyone makes a good rear glass, need to do some checking. I have the original but everything else is green tint and original is not. Anyone got any good suggestions for rear glass replacement?

That really sucks about the lower rear window opening. There really is no other option but to have it fixed now. Kind of odd that your body guy didn't compare the fit with you trim while in the welding stage....
He was supposed to check, guess I should of checked it before painting.

Seems like glass companies can sand the edges
As for the glass will an original fit the hole/original trim fit the hole?
Will factory tint match up
Tim

Seems like glass companies can sand the edges
As for the glass will an original fit the hole/original trim fit the hole?
Will factory tint match up
Tim

Tim I don’t think it’s the edges that are the problem. The contour of the reproduction glass is wonky.

She's back home. Keith did a great job. Now I can get busy, before it goes back again to get the rear opening fixed.

IMG_20230325_172949_01.jpg

I had it restored. Keith said they are now being made.

Did you ever get the light covers you need. I have several green from Autometer...let me know if you want them and how many, only cost a few bucks for shipping...Rob
Yes I did, thank you for the offer.

Well tomorrow I'll finish up all my friends projects. Then it's full speed ahead on the X!

Auto Transport Service
Back