• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 road runner shocks recommendation?

I put all poly graphite bushings on my 1972 Duster 340 w/4sp/ 3:55 outback and it made the car 100% better so.... I also did it on my 1970 340 w/727 w/3:90 out back and it was so much better so...

Refresh my Memory Dennis do you have other suspension upgrades or did you just change the shocks and notice that big of a difference?

Firm Feel Steering box. USCartool subframe connectors. Tubular UCA's from PST. One extra leaf inserted out back. The modern seats and reduced dish Momo steering wheel help a lot with the ergo and control. Cooper Cobras do ok too, not much drag race traction though ok for street and freeway speeds.

Yes, the shocks alone made a big difference.

Last edited:
Just installed the Bilstein's yesterday and what a difference, looks wise. The rear end definitely sits lower than before, but I think its because the rear shocks I replaced were load adjusting (shocks with springs on them). Will have to mess with the front torsion bars to get the rake back.

Auto Transport Service
Back