• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Roadrunner build date question

Dodge33

Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
Is there any real way of knowing what the build date is on this car,
69 Road Runner, without an actual build sheet? by using the sequence number
on the dash V.I.N? This car is actual RM21H9 4speed car. Any, and all help appreciated. Dodge33

Is there any real way of knowing what the build date is on this car,
69 Road Runner, without an actual build sheet? by using the sequence number
on the dash V.I.N? This car is actual RM21H9 4speed car. Any, and all help appreciated. Dodge33

There is no way to ever really know any build date. Even a bs may not tell you the actual date.

If you have the tag, you’d know the SCHEDULED production date but not the actual build date.

I don't suppose the adhesive door tag is still around?
It is a 1969........Door tags started in 1970......with the exception of the 69 daytona, thanks to 69corometrt making note of that....

Scheduled date of production is the only date to go by........As mentioned above

Last edited:
If you post the tag, we can give a better estimate from the data it may provide.

D

IMAG0114.jpg

Here's the tag, any help would be nice. Thanks in advance for taking your time to help me.

Some information here.. on the upper left hand side of fender tag screw hole, there is a five digit number. Cannot see it very well in the photo, but there is a (0) in front of the 1120. Number reads
01120. Just a FYI. Thanks, Dodge33

Dodge33,

Thank you for sharing your tag. There are several of us in the hobby that track the data they provide. Lynch Road is unique in many ways. While the SPD is shown on the tag, the actual build date may not be close to this date.

With this said, you car was built very close if not on March 15, 1969 examining the data currently available. It would be a day earlier if not the 15th. The more data we have the more dialed in we can get with the actual build dates versus scheduled build dates.

As I am typing this I see 69Coronetrt has chimed in. Yes, I concur!

DD

Could you guys decode any of the other numbers or letters? Thanks in advanced.

Thanks for everybody's help on this fender tag. Is there any 69 RR Registry for Lynch Rd production cars? Thank you. Dodge33

Auto Transport Service
Back