• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Super Bee Rebuild (my way)

Made a bracket to hold 2 - 3.5" speakers out of Plexiglas and painted it black.

20190306_130937.jpg

I have been using Shannon at Redline Gauge Works for the past 3 cars I've done and been happy with the results. The one thing that always bothered me though was on a amp to volt meter conversion, 12 volts on the scale was always straight up and when the car is running the needle is way to the right. So he told me it is no big deal to modify things and put the 14 straight up. I like this a lot better. Of course I am the only person who has ever asked for this modification.

20191019_170748.jpg 20191019_170741.jpg 20190227_063610.jpg

I have been using Shannon at Redline Gauge Works for the past 3 cars I've done and been happy with the results. The one thing that always bothered me though was on a amp to volt meter conversion, 12 volts on the scale was always straight up and when the car is running the needle is way to the right. So he told me it is no big deal to modify things and put the 14 straight up. I like this a lot better. Of course I am the only person who has ever asked for this modification.

View attachment 867628 View attachment 867629 View attachment 867630
I like that better too! I asked him about that a few years ago when he did mine. I don't recall exactly what he said about it but was not doing it at the time. Guess he got it done now. I'm gonna send mine back for an upgrade. Thanks for the heads up.

I like that better too! I asked him about that a few years ago when he did mine. I don't recall exactly what he said about it but was not doing it at the time. Guess he got it done now. I'm gonna send mine back for an upgrade. Thanks for the heads up.
Better pic of the volt gauge. Didn't mean to create any more work for you Ed....

20191012_115959.jpg

Maybe I missed it, what is the plan for the engine on this one? With the progress you are making so quickly, and your geographic closeness, do you plan to have this at Mopars in the Park this coming summer?

Stopped over to help him get the finished decklid and hood bolted onto the car. I always have a hard time looking at the cut/buff process after seeing a car freshly painted.

20191120_105811.jpg 20191120_105729.jpg

Maybe I missed it, what is the plan for the engine on this one? With the progress you are making so quickly, and your geographic closeness, do you plan to have this at Mopars in the Park this coming summer?
Motor is supposed to be getting put on the dyno this week if everything goes as planned. Brian at IMM in California is putting it together for me. He did the 408 in my Duster and I am very happy with that one. He talked me into stroking the 400 to a 499.
It would be nice if the car was done by the first week of June, but I think that may be pushing it a bit.

Make sure you post a dyno sheet! Did you have any goals you gave him for the build, or did you just turn him loose?

Make sure you post a dyno sheet! Did you have any goals you gave him for the build, or did you just turn him loose?
I was originally going with a 470. The goal was 550 hp and 550 ft.lbs. But because of the Ramcharger ductwork I ran into height issues on the intake to get everything to fit. Ideally this motor would have an Edelbrock Performer RPM or a Holley Street Dominator. So instead we are using a Weiand Action Plus that Brian is going to work on a bit. Because of that and the fact that I want 3.23 rear gears, he talked me into going with a 499.
Hopefully I will have the dyno #'s in the near future and will post the results.

I'm guessing the 499 will give you more torque for the 3.23s. I bet you'll have over 600 in the torque column.

Bought new gaskets from Detroit Muscle Technology for the vent wing windows and rear pop out quarter glass. Cleaned and polished up everything. I think they turned out great for 50 year old parts that spent all their life outside. Three item that make this job easy are silicone spray, a windshield installer tool, and a small 90* pick.

20191121_170513.jpg 20191121_155529.jpg 20191121_155536.jpg 20191122_090801.jpg 20191122_093436.jpg 20191122_090801.jpg

One thing I did find out is that both the flat washers and black pivot bushings are not reproduced or available anywhere. I am still on the hunt for a couple nicer bushings, but for now reused my originals. For the flat washers I picked up some made from neoprene at our local Ace Hardware. Found some with the correct center hole, but the were to big diameter. Made a punch from a piece of 3/4" emt conduit. Put in some new stainless screws and called it a day.

20191120_083339.jpg 20191122_090650.jpg

Coming up on the fun part, installing them!
Yeah, thought I better get going on some of this small stuff since the car will be back home within a week.

Last edited:
One thing I did find out is that both the flat washers and black pivot bushings are not reproduced or available anywhere. I am still on the hunt for a couple nicer bushings, but for now reused my originals. For the flat washers I picked up some made from neoprene at our local Ace Hardware. Found some with the correct center hole, but the were to big diameter. Made a punch from a piece of 3/4" emt conduit. Put in some new stainless screws and called it a day.

View attachment 869613 View attachment 869614
Doesn't someone sell the whole vent window brand new? If so, they must reproduce those small parts, too.

I think I may have got them from Richard 69Bfan

Auto Transport Service
Back