• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger Fuel sender wire route?

wantonebad70

Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
No wire on Fuel sender
Does anyone know where it runs from
I am thinking under back seat?
Down to sender? And color?
Thanks in advance

I "think" it comes from the fuel gauge, under driver's side sill guard, behind the driver's rear quarter interior panel, into the trunk, then down through a hole (with rubber grommet) in trunk floor, down to the fuel pickup/sending unit. I think it's a green wire & has an "L" plug just like the water temperature sending unit under the hood.

I "think" it comes from the fuel gauge, under driver's side sill guard, behind the driver's rear quarter interior panel, into the trunk, then down through a hole (with rubber grommet) in trunk floor, down to the fuel pickup/sending unit. I think it's a green wire & has an "L" plug just like the water temperature sending unit under the hood.
Thanks I’ll lift a sill plate and look there and start there

Just start in the trunk.. is there a loose wire running from the drivers wheel wheel across the spare tire jack area to the hole in the floor above the tank sender? It's Blue !

Thanks I’ll lift a sill plate and look there and start there
Hope that helps. I also remembered that you might also look at a 6-pin or 8-pin (?) square connector that is behind the driver's kick panel too. I'm guessing yours just plain isn't there, huh?

SEE ABOVE... I think dadsbee is right...blue wire, not green

Just start in the trunk.. is there a loose wire running from the drivers wheel wheel across the spare tire jack area to the hole in the floor above the tank sender? It's Blue !
I’m gonna look again tonight going to look for the blue wire

It's included in the original wire harness for the tail lights and the colour ,like dads bee said, it's dark blue, and has the rubber grommet moulded around it for the trunk pan hole, about a foot up from the sender end. It's a rubber "L" shaped female connector. Want some pics?

Auto Transport Service
Back