• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger Intake Manifold

gkirksey

Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score
Looking for an upgraded intake manifold for my 70 Charger 440. Currently has a Dual Port Offenhauser. I put in a 750 Holley and had to use a 1" spacer plate for the throttle linkage to clear the base. There is very little clearance under the hood.

Looking at an Edelbrock Performer or Performer RPM. I suspect the RPM will not clear the hood.

Any recommendations?

Holley Street Dominator. On a low modification or near stock build it will work nearly as good as the RPM.

Looking for an upgraded intake manifold for my 70 Charger 440. Currently has a Dual Port Offenhauser. I put in a 750 Holley and had to use a 1" spacer plate for the throttle linkage to clear the base. There is very little clearance under the hood.

Looking at an Edelbrock Performer or Performer RPM. I suspect the RPM will not clear the hood.

Any recommendations?
I have the RPM on my 69 440 charger with a standard height aftermarket air filter. No clearance issues.

BTW- My air cleaner looks a little bit shorter than a factory one.

9D8DF7DC-A89F-4198-9110-C530A95CA73A.jpeg

Looking at my air filter assembly, it is a drop down.

The most important info for a recommendation is missing: engine info, components used, rpm limit, use of the vehicle etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back