• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger R/T SE Daytona sunroof project is starting soon.

I've been using 40 grit Red Garnet. Man....THAT really cleans away the crud quickly. I find sandblasting quite fun when it works right.
Good work.
I am slowly but surely getting this car beyond the dirt,grime and surface rust phase of the job,one piece,and section at a time KD. The blast cabinet has really made a world of difference,but the K frame and torsion bars were too big to fit in the cabinet and had to be done by hand. Congrats again on retiring,now get out there and enjoy your garage! You earned it!

I got the hood off the car an I am getting ready to venture into the engine compartment and firewall graft to convert the engine bay to a non air conditioned car. I have a complete firewall section from a 4 speed air grabber hood car, as noted by the hole for the vacuum lines above the heater core holes. I am only going to section in the right side from the middle over. No need to change the whole thing when the one in the car has no rust.

20221029_124823.jpg

20221029_124832.jpg

20221029_125130.jpg

20221029_125023.jpg

20221029_125030.jpg

My Brewers order arrived and I am like a kid on Christmas morning! Lol All the Mc Loed clutch parts are made in the USA!

20221029_130514.jpg

20221029_130516.jpg

20221029_130452.jpg

20221029_130527.jpg

Ditching the ac? Dang Yankees and your cool weather!:lol:

I have the same clutch in my GTX, I like it, doesn’t kill my knee, and still holds my tame 440:thumbsup:

We put the same clutch in my friends 383 Dart GTS and I liked the feel of the diaphram clutch over the brutal on the leg three finger Borg and Beck pressure plate. The three finger pressure plate isn't really the problem but the huge assist spring on the pedal needed to operate it is. As far as the AC goes no 4 speed,dana equipped cars came with AC so that is why I am eliminating it. I want the replica to be as accurate as possible.

20220822_065236.jpg

Last edited:
“No rust”. I don’t believe I’m familiar with that term. Is it Swahili or some other foreign tongue??!!

When I converted from an ac to non ac firewall I struggled with doing a big patch from a donor or just plugging all the holes and cutting the non ac holes back in. I ended up plugging an redrilling. It seemed like less work overall. On the ac firewall there are some extra holes on the drivers side that need plugged up.

I will look at both options and decide, I have done grafting in the right side section before, and it wasn't too bad to do. I have the other firewall piece to check and see what is different on the drivers side as well.

Last edited:
I have been working on replacing the roof on my car trailer, so I haven't spent much time on the car. I bought the trailer from my friend, who had it up at another friend's house who was doing work on his car. It was a brand new trailer during the winter five or six years ago when we got a ton of snow, no one brushed the snow off it,so it damage the roof and tore open one of the seems. The roof was galvanized light guage sheet metal with stamped sheet metal roof supports placed two foot on center. Hardly the kind of roof that can withstand the New England snow load without being brushed off after every snow storm. I am replacing the roof with 1x1 1/2 square tube roof supports one foot on center and doubled up over the side doors, and using 3/4 inch plywood for the roof, which will then be covered with rolled rubber roofing material. I am eliminating the roof vents and installing side ventilation instead. I am about a third of the way done on it so far. But this old man can still throw sheets of 3/4 inch plywood up on the roof by himself! Lol

20221030_170848.jpg

20221030_173737.jpg

20221030_174007.jpg

20221030_175638.jpg

Last edited:
Today I got the bellhousing cleaned up and painted Hemi orange. I also brought the transmission crossmember, mount and mounting plate to get cleaned up and painted as well,so even though I am mostly busy with the car trailer, I am still trying to make some progress on the car when I can. I had the 18 spline Hemi 4 speed transmission completely rebuilt for this car with a new Liberty gear set last year. He put a light coat of paint on it,when he blasted the case and tailshaft housing, before he assembled it with all the new gears,syncros,seals and bearings. So I will pull it out clean it down and get another coat of paint on it so it will be ready to install in the car.

You have way too much time on your hands since you have retired! Lol This coming from a guy who looks like Sonic the hedgehog and Ron Jeremy the hedgehogs love child! Lol

Last edited:
Today I am fabricating a caster setup that will bolt in where the k frame bolts in so I can keep the car mobile.

Auto Transport Service
Back