• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger R/T SE Daytona sunroof project is starting soon.

I hope things change with the supply chain soon,if I have to wait a year for every effing part I order none of these cars will ever get done! I guess that I have plenty to do while I wait for parts,on Sunday I took the Charger convertible out of the storage trailer after it sitting for four years. It needs a fuel pump and a once over before I can start driving it again. My friend came over in his 69 Dart GTS 383 4 speed car and gave me a hand with the car and a 12 pack of Budweiser! Lol

20220821_162058.jpg

20220821_162116.jpg

20220822_065236.jpg

20211215_211549.jpg

Last edited:
Today I got the convertible Charger R/T in the garage and put the 72 Charger topper roller in the storage trailer. It is getting me one step closer to getting the purple 70 Charger R/T into the garage so I can get started on the sunroof wing car project! I hope to get the convertible Charger running in time for the Mopars at Lebanon Valley Mopar show.

20220826_164428.jpg

Mark Worman thinks he is the only one who can pull one of these rare factory sunroof assemblies out of his ***,but I say never underestimate us guys here on For B bodies only ! We have some pretty rare stuff too! Thank you Robby for keeping this rare piece in great condition since 1975,and thanks FBBO for helping me acquire this very rare piece! This site and the people on it have been so helpful with all my insane projects and helping me with rounding up parts! And a special thanks to Jim for picking this up for me!
Was that Rhino? Thought but not sure

Was that Rhino? Thought but not sure
Yes,Jim picked up the sunroof assembly for me in Illinois and brought it to Chryslers at Carlisle. I bought it from an FBBO member who mentioned in a thread on here that he had a complete sunroof assembly! FBBO makes the impossible possible and happen again! I have another complete sunroof setup,but it is rusty and needs new cables and parts. This one I had Jim pickup for me is ready to install in the car.

I bought yet another storage lift the fifth one this year! I have literally doubled the capacity of the back section of my garage. I am doing all I can possibly do to get my Mopars out of the weather and into good clean dry storage. The reason for mentioning this is because once my friends come by and help me assemble yet another storage lift (we are getting very good at building them) I cam move the 70 V code Charger R/T off the work lift and put it on the new storage lift and put my 71 Challenger convertible under it and free up my work lift for the 70 Charger R/T plum crazy purple car that will be the base car for this sunroof Daytona project and get started on it. I am looking forward to getting going on the project! Hopefully by the end of next weekend it will be in the garage and on the work lift. I had already started a lot of the metal work on the car,so the project should be off to a good start! The picture of my white Charger R/T and the blue Challenger convertible are what the work lift looks like now. I just finished installing the exhaust system on the white Charger. The last two pictures are of the new storage lift.

20220517_062732.jpg

20220830_203042.jpg

20220917_135430.jpg

20220917_135410.jpg

A cheaper option could be send a couple cars my way, I’ll take good care them:poke:
Even after doing all this I still have a half a dozen project cars I have to send someone's way. If you like 71/72 Chargers,or are looking for a Little Red Express project,I can hook you up!

Man, if I had some extra cash I’d take you up on it, my Lil red could use a friend!

View attachment 1345007
Sweet,I have a 78 and a 79,both are solid but need restoration. My 78 has 61,000 miles and is complete. If I can sell the 72 Charger project,I can get it in the storage trailer and out of the weather.

20220502_190529.jpg

Last edited:
I thought about buying a early 90s two wheel drive Cummins Dodge pickup and putting the whole front suspension and driveline in the 79 Little Red Truck,and make those stacks really roll some coal with a 12 valve Cummins!

If you look at the bottom of Jerry's paperwork from the dealership, it clearly says the sunroof and the Daytona package were to be added. Additionally, the fender tag does not have the special VON that all factory sunroof 1970 Chargers have. So the Juenemann Charger was not ordered with the sunroof and Daytona parts initially from the factory, but it's possible that an outside vender installed these parts before it was delivered to the dealership and the eventual customer.

70Daytona01.jpg

I wonder if a dealership could have had the car sent to ASC and have a sunroof installed. The car was supposedly picked up in Detroit according to the original owner. I wonder if the car was built by the same shop that built the Watermelon Daytona,because other than the nosecone being blended to the fenders the cars are built exactly the same. The photo's show factory involvement in the green car. My car is going to be built like the original car was,sunroof added!

Last edited:
The sunroof assembly I bought for this project came from a B5 blue 69 Charger SE with a blue interior,and a white vynal top. It was a 383 car. He said he had a title,or bill of sale so he might have the VIN number for the registry.

I have arranged for the lift building crew,aka my friends to come by on Sunday to help build yet another lift. They were gracious enough to help the last four times, and I thank them for stepping up for round number five. If all goes according to plan, I will have the purple 70 Charger R/T on my work lift by the end of the day on Sunday ready to get started on the Sunroof Daytona project! I am very excited about getting started on it!

You must be giving them the best beer! :drinks:

That’s how hot rodding should be done, a couple friends, and a few beverages.

There
You must be giving them the best beer! :drinks:

That’s how hot rodding should be done, a couple friends, and a few beverages.
Will be plenty of cold beverages and burgers and hot dogs on the grill for the crew! Everyone helps everyone out with our projects! It's old school hot rodding at its best!

Today I am going to take the 70 Charger R/T plum crazy purple car out of the storage trailer it has been in for the last two years. I got the mighty Dodge hooked up and we are on the move!

20220924_111420.jpg

20220924_111523.jpg

Went to a cruise night last night and that show off Jim Rockford showed up again doing his fancy reverse J turns in the parking lot again! I took the convertible Challenger it was cool on the ride home with the top down!

20220923_180031.jpg

20220924_120053.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back