• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger R/T SE Daytona sunroof project is starting soon.

Very nice! Looks like you made some nice progress since I was there this morning. Thanks a lot for the trunk lid!

Very nice! Looks like you made some nice progress since I was there this morning. Thanks a lot for the trunk lid!
No problem Chad,and thanks for the beer. It probably cost more than the trunk lid is worth. Lol Hopefully you can use some pieces or all of it.

Today I went to the Lebanon Valley Mopar Show, and while it was an awesome time with awesome friends and some great cars,the swap meet was small and uneventful. So feeling a bit let down on the parts shopping, I went parts shopping in my loft. I did pretty good up there!

20221002_184506.jpg

20221002_184514.jpg

20221002_184520.jpg

I also found a bell housing, clutch fork,torque arm,and the rubber boot for the fork that appears to be a new one. I found a correct pair of 70 HP exhaust manifolds, and two brand new tailpipes that are made to except the factory exhaust tips. Things I know are up there that I bought for this car,are a complete polyurethane front end rebuild kit, stainless steel exhaust tips,a complete SSBC rear wheel disc brake kit, a black 4 speed console, a fresh rebuilt 20 shim steering box, from Steer and Gear,and a set of 4 speed clutch and brake pedals. I got some more digging to do! Lol

I went back up in the loft and located the SSBC rear disc brake kit, and the 20 shim steering box! Still looking for the pedals. I know that they are up there, I just have to find them.

20221002_191059.jpg

20221002_190952.jpg

20221002_190934.jpg

The only thing I bought at the swap meet was these! 20 bucks for the three, he wanted 30. When we were putting together the lifts we really needed two of the larger sized wrenches, and I only had one,now I have doubles.

20221002_191457.jpg

20221002_192559.jpg

Tonight after work I am going to get the SSBC rear wheel disc brake kit and se if I can get it installed on the Dana 60. I also have to start blasting some of the pieces and getting them painted. Lots to do!

I am compling a list of things I have already for the car.
Polyurethane front end rebuild kit
Rebuilt 18 spline 4 speed transmission
Complete front brake disc setup with spindles.
Rechromed rear bumper and bumperettes
New gas cap and bezel.
New hood pin kit
Woodgrain rallye cluster with a tic tock tach, guages need restoration, radio plate,and glove box trim.
Non AC dash trim.
R/T door scoops with new R/T emblems.
Restored R/T rear finish panel.
70 Charger taillights.
Complete Daytona nosecone assembly and front valence.
1 pair of Daytona fender scoops.
Original Daytona wing wing washer plates and braces.
Daytona scissor jack. Modified truck jack.
Daytona jack hold down hardware.
Recovered 70 Charger seats,6 way drivers side.
Drivers and passengers side doors.
Passengers side fender.
Clean Texas 70 Charger hood.
Transmission mount and crossmember.
Firewall from a non AC Mopar.
Power coated Dana rear axle 3.54 ratio.
New Charger SE emblems.
New vynal top check moldings.
Blasted 4 speed aluminum bellowing.
Torque Arm.
Clutch fork and boot.
70 B body left and right racing mirrors.
New door handles.
20 shim steer and gear rebuilt steering box.
Clean California rust free trunklid.
Left and right classic body designs 70 Charger rear quarters.
AMD dutch panel.
Complete factory sunroof assembly.
Black 4 speed console assembly.
New Pistol Grip 4 speed shifter handle with grips.
1970 HP2 440 engine, rebuilt.
4 15 inch Dynacorn magnum 500 wheels, ordered.
2 15 inch Goodyear Polyglass tires.
70 B body AM radio.
4 speed floor hump,installed.
4 speed pedals.
2 new tailpipes for factory exhaust tips.
2 stainless steel exhaust tips.
Rear aftermarket sway bar kit for Dana 60.
Power brake booster.
Master cylinder new.
1 pair of 1970 HP exhaust manifolds.
1 70 Sixpack air cleaner assembly.
1 70 cast iron Sixpack intake manifold.
1 set of 70 Sixpack carburetors, need to be rebuilt.
All window moldings and marker lights.
All glass. Except for the windshield.
1 26 inch Modine radiator.

Last edited:
I miss when they change tracks in the middle of a song! They were state of the art when our cars were new!

Thomas Lear of the Lear jet fame created the cassette tape 1st, but it was too expensive at the time, so he came up with the 8 track tape. I don’t mean to send this thread off the rails, you need to get your Daytona runnin and terrorizing the streets!
:lol:

I will be back to work on it tonight. My mom's Charger had an aftermarket am fm 8 track player that said Learjet on it. It came out of a new Peterbilt truck.

moms Charger.jpg

Well the best laid plans don't always work out for the best. I bought the SSBC rear disc brake kit from a Moparts member about seven years ago who said that it was only used for mock up and everything was there and included, but the ten axle bolts that are made with a flat on one corner to fit against the axle tubes are missing with the nyloc fine thread nuts lock washers and washers. Plus the axle gaskets were put on with black silicone and ripped off when removed so I need 4 axle gaskets for a Dana 60 axle. So that is not happening tonight. I bought a second SSBC kit from another Moparts member and it was never mounted on a car so if I could find it,I can match up the hardware in grade 8 bolts and cut a flat on each one. SSBC is out of business so I can't call them for more hardware. I know that the other kit is here somewhere, but we moved so much stuff around installing the five lifts that I haven't found the other kit yet!

20221003_200819.jpg

I did find another instrument cluster in my loft with much better gauges and a board on the back with all the pins intact, so I worked on the cluster instead. I did the one for my 71 Charger R/T too. I took a cluster **** situation with the rear disc brake kit and turned it into two rally instrument clusters with factory techs and 150 MPH speedometers! Winning!

20221003_184532.jpg

20221003_192001.jpg

20221003_165617.jpg

While I was up in the loft, looking for the other SSBC brake kit,which I have not found yet,I dug out the plum crazy purple Charger R/T drivers side door that I bought about 15 years ago at a local swap meet for 25 bucks! Rust free! I was planning on using it on my yellow Charger R/T SE, but this car is being done first so it will be going on it. It sucks because the door I am talking off is rust free and straight too,but a previous owner had stripped the car to bare metal and left it out in the desert. I don't want rust coming back through the paint later, so all the sheetmetal except for the roof which will have a vynal top, and wasn't sanded bare,it has light surface rust,and the top of the cowl which will be sanded down with 80 grit,cleaned with evaporust and etch primed, before being prepared for paint.

20221003_200729.jpg

20221003_201009.jpg

Thomas Lear of the Lear jet fame created the cassette tape 1st, but it was too expensive at the time, so he came up with the 8 track tape. I don’t mean to send this thread off the rails, you need to get your Daytona runnin and terrorizing the streets!
:lol:
Thomas Lear created neither (did you mean Bill Lear?), although it was the Lear Jet company that Richard Kraus worked at when he developed it in 1963. The Compact Cassette was invented by Philips in Holland, also in 1963.

Thomas Lear created neither (did you mean Bill Lear?), although it was the Lear Jet company that Richard Kraus worked at when he developed it in 1963. The Compact Cassette was invented by Philips in Holland, also in 1963.
Whoops my mistake, yes I meant Bill, no clue where Thomas was:BangHead: :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back