• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger R/T SE Daytona sunroof project is starting soon.

So I sat down at my desk and pondered what to do next! I need to shift this project into high gear! I asked my friend George repeatedly for some advice on moving forward with the project!

20220529_195204.jpg

20220503_171559.jpg

20220717_202030.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I could do half of what you can do , and I would be happy if the charger turns out like my bee. Got to pace myself in getting it done everything is so expensive. Is that a cuda and what year?

Wish I could do half of what you can do , and I would be happy if the charger turns out like my bee. Got to pace myself in getting it done everything is so expensive. Is that a cuda and what year?
it is a 71 340 Cuda,automatic car. it was originally Hemi orange,with orange and black interior and black billboards,with the orange color keyed grille. It was the car that the AMD 71 cuda fenders were test fitted on about twenty times,the 70 Challenger convertible below it was also used to test fit the Challenger AMD fenders on. When you see the AMD 70 Charger front valence pans,I let them use my NOS front valence pan to use as the template,and my yellow 70 Charger R/T SE was the car they were test fitted on.

20220911_100808.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! It has been a lot of fun,and I met a lot of great friends from my many years of building Mopars!
One thing I’ve noticed at the cruise nights and few car shows I’ve been too, seems us Mopar guys have crazier stories and are having more fun then the other guys. And that’s what’s it’s about, good friends and great fun!:drinks:

I vote Cuda next :thumbsup:
I don't have the original 340,so I was thinking, Hemi, Tremic 5 speed,Dana 60,shaker hood,rubber bumpers, gull wing,road lamps, four wheel disc brakes and 17 inch Year One rallye wheels

I don't have the original 340,so I was thinking, Hemi, Tremic 5 speed,Dana 60,shaker hood,rubber bumpers, gull wing,road lamps, four wheel disc brakes and 17 inch Year One rallye wheels
All sounds good but the 17 inch wheels, would the wheels be for a better ride and handling?

Better handling, more tire choices, better brake clearance. My friend has them on his 71 Charger R/T and they are nice looking wheels!

20221106_095928.jpg

20221106_095910.jpg

Could this be the imfamous Carl Payne 70 red Daytona? The picture was obvisouly taken back in the day!

tumblr_ngq7n2yTPf1t5pdaio1_1280.jpg

Well I didn't get any work done on this project at all this weekend,I had to get the snowplow vehicle ready,incase we start getting snow!
Disclaimer: This is not my car,nor would I ever do this to a 70 Dodge Charger or any other Mopar! However, that said, I would plead the fifth on he side pipes!

1670344296943.png

Last edited:
I have an original Daytona wing for this car. It came from one of the 503 original Daytona's built. I don't know which car it came from. But the wing washer support plates that go on the underside of the rear quarter panels came from this Daytona that was rolled back in the day. This car went to Australia and has since been restored. It is F6 green and black and was known as the rollover Daytona,it was displayed at many shows on the east coast in this configuration.

F693F5C9-521E-45D6-BF8D-8F0A5B286549.jpeg

Today I got the metal to metal body filler and skimmed around the sunroof opening. I heated up the metal with my heat gun as the temperature was borderline too cold to do this,but it worked out well.

20221210_163832.jpg

20221210_163848.jpg

Nice! If you have a spare oiled filled heater, put it inside car. It will heat up the metal nicely.
638D46FE-B9D8-4DF3-9BCA-F13A3E22F4A9.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back