• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Hemi Superbird Restoration..................errr.....scratch that........

Pretty good!!

For comparison my modern ported Vic jr’s

I think these were a 1020 bench also. I know those are usually softer numbers compared to a 600.

View attachment 663839
Great port work there. Did Bob tell you what the port volume was on the intake? I didn’t want to increase the port size any as that just moves peak numbers up in the rpm range.

Great port work there. Did Bob tell you what the port volume was on the intake? I didn’t want to increase the port size any as that just moves peak numbers up in the rpm range.

He didn’t, it is visably bigger though. That’s one reason I decided to put more stroke in it. Wasn’t really wanting to go bigger either on the ports

He didn’t, it is visably bigger though. That’s one reason I decided to put more stroke in it. Wasn’t really wanting to go bigger either on the ports
Yeah, these are already quite large. I’m going to CC them this weekend. I want this to run well at cruise rpms and it’s only a 4.250 stroke.

Still kickin?
I’m still kickin! Been a crazy year. Been working on my friends race car chassis for quite some time. Almost done so I can back to my project. I sold the hemi out of my Roadrunner but I also picked up a used Hellcat to cruise in. That has occupied a few sunny days.
Work has been crazy this year with several work force reductions and staff changes.
I have another Trick Flow stroker wedge I’ve started on that’ll kill a few months but I have been slowly picking away on my engine. Both heads are ready to bolt on but UPS seems to have sent my rocker stands up the road an hour or so. Hopefully I have them by Friday.
What day are you going to the show in Chicago? We’re thinking of going up Sunday.

Lots of work. Last weekend was tree trimming weekend. Had to take down two dead trees that were at risk of falling on the building. We trimmed the walnut trees while we were doing it. Need to get the driveway done.
013BF71E-BFFD-4A95-AF5B-FE6F81E3E266.jpeg

Seems like the to do list never gets any shorter.
So what's the plans for a engine for the Green RR?

Seems like the to do list never gets any shorter.
So what's the plans for a engine for the Green RR?
Hopefully the new 1000hp aluminum Gen3 crate hemi Mopar just unveiled at SEMA. If they want an arm and a leg, I’ll just order a Hellcrate engine.
Snow on the roof??????
Yeah, we got just under an inch last week. As opposed to today...
057088C2-B96F-40FF-913F-836B5180B721.jpeg

Pup doesn't look to happy.
Going the restomod route with the RR?

Pup doesn't look to happy.
Going the restomod route with the RR?
Yeah, pretty much. I’ll have the Superbird for racing. I need to get the RR back to street car status. Gotta stay faster than the wife’s Hellcat though!

Good to see this post back up. Keep digging, you’ll get back to the super bird! I’m in the same boat, not enough hours in the day, maybe I’ll cut back to 3 hours of sleep!

Nice to have a dedicated race car!:thumbsup:

I can hardly afford the one I have so it has to pull double duty as a streeter and a few trips to the track per season as the budget allows........

Rocker stands arrived...
ABA4D14A-32CE-493F-A11D-DD141BC3D8C5.jpeg

I’ve got a full set of Indy roller rockers and shafts for these. Now to measure for pushrods. I’m probably going to run restricted oil to the heads for the rocker shafts and pushrods with oil restrictors as well. With the aluminum block/head/stand combo, cold lash will most likely be zero.

Nice to have a dedicated race car!:thumbsup:

I can hardly afford the one I have so it has to pull double duty as a streeter and a few trips to the track per season as the budget allows........
Luckily, I’ve had these cars forever and do all of the work myself. I’m getting to the age now where going to the drag strip is more work than it’s worth and I have limited free time to do it. The Superbird will likely see more standing mile stuff than anything and the occasional street cruise!

Auto Transport Service
Back