• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Hemi Superbird Restoration..................errr.....scratch that........

I don't have them fancy mach-ines.......:rolleyes:
It's good to keep the hot oil off the bottom of the intake:thumbsup:

1.17.17 013.jpg 1.17.17 014.jpg 9.19.17 020.jpg 9.19.17 029.jpg 9.19.17 030.jpg

That engine is disgusting, best to let me take that off your hands once your finished with building it.

Looking like a BEAST!!!

Will the intake have a nice air gap??
Yes, it’ll have a flat valley cover that’s .250” thick and a big air gap underneath. I’ll run the throttle body wiring underneath.
That engine is disgusting, best to let me take that off your hands once your finished with building it.

Looking like a BEAST!!!
Lol, I think I’ll keep it! Thanks, it’s getting there. Can’t wait to get it on the dyno!

Moving the head to 45 degrees isn't as big a pain as getting it back to zero !

Moving the head to 45 degrees isn't as big a pain as getting it back to zero !
So true! And it was trammed in perfectly. I used 32 degrees for this plate as it seals against the intake face which has a -13 degree angle on a hemi.

Now you just need power feeds! Wish I had them on mine.

Man does that engine look wicked, nicely done!

Can't wait to get a mill in my garage, it's sitting right across the road just need to come up with a plan for transporting it:realcrazy:. It's a Cincinnati Toolmaster.

Man does that engine look wicked, nicely done!

Can't wait to get a mill in my garage, it's sitting right across the road just need to come up with a plan for transporting it:realcrazy:. It's a Cincinnati Toolmaster.
Thanks! You’re pretty ingenious so I’m so I’m sure you’ll come up with a plan to move it! It’ll open up limitless possibilities, lol.

Last edited:
I just found this thread. I read the first few posts. A Satellite or Roadrunner cloned into a nice looking but EXTREME performance Superbird is A #1 !
I really want to ask "Why not a triangulated 4 link rear suspension?" It would seem like that would be a MUST.
I'm doing a RMS StreetLynx or Gerst triangulated rear suspension in my 70 V-code Roadrunner (71 440+6). Adjustable ride height and the flexibility of coilovers in the rear and just a better design from an engineering perspective than leaf springs that are designed for a covered wagon from the 1800s...
Supercharged or Turbocharged, hell YES! and a Gen 2 or 3 Hemi, absolutely!
A Hellephant or twin turbo high winding Hemi in a body with a suspension that is good for over 200 MPH.
:thumbsup:

:bananadance:

I just found this thread. I read the first few posts. A Satellite or Roadrunner cloned into a nice looking but EXTREME performance Superbird is A #1 !
I really want to ask "Why not a triangulated 4 link rear suspension?" It would seem like that would be a MUST.
I'm doing a RMS StreetLynx or Gerst triangulated rear suspension in my 70 V-code Roadrunner (71 440+6). Adjustable ride height and the flexibility of coilovers in the rear and just a better design from an engineering perspective than leaf springs that are designed for a covered wagon from the 1800s...
Supercharged or Turbocharged, hell YES! and a Gen 2 or 3 Hemi, absolutely!
A Hellephant or twin turbo high winding Hemi in a body with a suspension that is good for over 200 MPH.

:bananadance:
Welcome to my build thread....

There’s two main reasons for staying leaf spring suspension.
1. Most racing classes I’ll compete in are “stock suspension required” which deviating from would elevate my class and force me to compete against “No expense spared” purpose built cars and...
2. Just because it was designed for covered wagons doesn’t mean it’s not a viable option. Jason Digby ran 4.13 1/8 mile at nearly 200mph using leaf springs. A monoleaf setup in particular. It just flat works. Besides that, it’s simple, effective and inexpensive in comparison. If I were auto crossing or road course racing, I’d probably consider other options.
Obviously cost wasn’t a consideration in my case as I could probably build a triangulated 4 link cheaper than I could buy leaf springs.

I’m hoping for twice the power of the Hellephant. It should be on the dyno this spring.

Last edited:
Welcome to my build thread....

There’s two main reasons for staying leaf spring suspension.
1. Most racing classes I’ll compete in are “stock suspension required” which would elevate my class and force me to compete against “No expense spared” purpose built cars and...
2. Just because it was designed for covered wagons doesn’t mean it’s not a viable option. Jason Digby ran 4.13 1/8 mile at nearly 200mph using leaf springs. A monoleaf setup in particular. It just flat works. Besides that, it’s simple, effective and inexpensive in comparison. If I were auto crossing or road course racing, I’d probably consider other options.
Obviously cost wasn’t a consideration in my case as I could probably build a triangulated 4 link cheaper than I could buy leaf springs.

I’m hoping for twice the power of the Hellephant. It should be on the dyno this spring.

:lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown::lowdown:

That's awesome!
I'll catch up on the posts when I can.
If it was me, handling/road course would seem to go hand in hand with ludicrous top speeds.
I figured there was some kind of "class restriction" for the leaf spring choice.
And I go "over the top" when I verbally abuse leaf spring design just because I was bludgeoned by the leaf spring aficionados when I started a 4 link vs leaf springs thread. I am really not a "leaf springs hater" :)
So....are you intending this as a straight line 660/1320 racer??

So....are you intending this as a straight line 660/1320 racer??
The main intention is Hot Rod Dragweek which I’ve done numerous other times in my other Roadrunner. In addition to that, I’d like to get into the 200 mph club in the standing mile or even half mile. It’ll also see limited street duty.

Auto Transport Service
Back