• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Roadrunner restoration

Hey gdrill. Yes that is a new floor... and rear footwells.... and firewall corners....and inner fenders (southern).....and (southern rear quarters off of a '67)... and rear half(trunk/trunk extensions/rear frame rails/rear cross member/trunk lid....). hmmmm... maybe I should start a thread on this build soon.... ;)

Hi TDawg, Enjoyed your thread. Gone through the being close to parents and taking care of them. It is something that we all face, if we live long enough; so I admire you for the choice that you made. Realizing that you will now have less car time, make the most of it and use it for a stress reliever. Please show the hood when finished, as I was taught not to try to work a hood. Wayne

Thanks RM23U0A. It is going to get interesting, dad was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia about 6 months ago, but I have a bad feeling that it is Alzheimers. I have pretty much moved everything to the new place, so now the work can resume. I will update with the hood shenanigans when I work on it ( I was never taught to not work on a hood..... must've played hooky that day. hahahaha) right now I'm starting work on the rear outer wheelhouse R&R... 100_0835.jpg

Keep up the good work here Dawg....I just read through the entire thread, and I am impressed by what you have achieved. :headbang:

crap, that might be my old hood from 30 years ago! Mine was damaged that way in about that spot. I never got to fixing it and sold the car for parts after the frame broke at the torsion bar. The fact you're in Newcastle (or were) makes it entirely possible. I lived there from 1996-2013.

nice work on the 70RR...I always loved that year!

016.JPG
working at removing/replacing outer wheelhouse...

Did a once over on the motor... I think it has very little run time on it. No ridge in the cylinders, bearings look almost new, lifters and cam look brand new. Found a set of 440 source heads locally that were never used, so I picked them up. Just buttoning it back up.

001.JPG
So I ran into a bit of a head scratcher. It appears that the wheelhouse halves weren't spot welded together, but rather a continuous fuse weld. Any ideas how to get it apart? I think I may need a plan B that I don't have right now, lol.

A little more massaging and it should be good to weld in. :thumbsup:

001.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back