• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 72 charger differences frm 73 74 help

My '71 Charger 500 had the half vinyl roof. I think the rear springs were different too? I thought the '73-74 had oval bushings?

oval bushings have been discussed before as well

IIRC it was mid year 73 change, like the pressed in ball joints

Was the Chrysler Cordoba basically a Charger B-Body platform?

Was the Chrysler Cordoba basically a Charger B-Body platform?

Same than 75/79 Chargers/Magnums and really close to the 73/74 Chargers. You can make an easy and fast swap of the full dash assembly which is most of what defines bodies between them... firewalls, A pillars, Floor pans, Frame Rails and several other parts are the same or pretty much similar. Front K member is exactly the same. Front windshield is also the same.

oval bushings have been discussed before as well

IIRC it was mid year 73 change, like the pressed in ball joints

But you can interchange oval and round assemblies between 71/72 73 and 74 just matching the springs with front mount AND axle location stud. 71/72 is 5/16” and 73/74 is 3/8” stud. Keeping the 5/16” stud from 71/72 on a 73/74 if using the 71/72 shock mount assembly or if wanna use a round end bushing 71/72 and wish to keep the iso shock mount assembly, enlarging the hole and installing 3/8” stud... and of course keeping the studs bushings from the iso assembly

I'd suspected the 71-74 and 75-79 windshield interchange but have had no proof.

My 72 needs a skin and I've been offered a 77 skin.

(I'd LOVE to put 75-79 T tops on my 72!!)

Auto Transport Service
Back