• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 charger build thread !

sgallagher11

Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
i picked up this 71 charger the other day for a decent price. This will be my first big project and definately the oldest. I got the car off the trailer around 5 and pretty much took apart as much as i could today to see where i was at with rust and take as much home to start working on.
DSC01686.jpg

DSC01687.jpg

DSC01688.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01692.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

DSC01694.jpg

DSC01695.jpg

DSC01696.jpg

DSC01697.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

Put the cover on a called it a day. I am polishing the crome bumper and installing the headlights and everything tonight
Im picking a 383 on saturday its comming out of a duster with the 4 speed auto. The floor pans are on their way and its all work in progress. Thanks youll be seeing a lot more pictures and soon as more gets done

Gotta hand it to ya..... You definitely got your work cut out for you. I mean, you got plants growing in your glove box for pete's sake...

Congrat's to ya and keep the pic's rolling on your resto!

This one will be interesting, good luck with it and I look forward to watching your progress, you're not the only glutten for punishment on here. Don't mind Propwash, he's just upset his car didn't come with the Chia glovebox option.

Haha yea it's going to be a lot of work but that will be the enjoyment seeing it go from this to something crazy , but yea it's in bad shape right now but couldn't pass up 600 for it !

This one will be interesting, good luck with it and I look forward to watching your progress, you're not the only glutten for punishment on here. Don't mind Propwash, he's just upset his car didn't come with the Chia glovebox option.

Hehehehe......Chia glovebox option. Nawww, mine just came with the Fred Flintstone vented floor option Matt.

Just as bad as my satellite was. Lots of work ahead. Good luck and stay with it, its going to be a sweet ride. Dont forget pics.

i wont forget pics ! i will post some pics of the beast of an engine ! no more 383 , im talking about a 440 and 727 all together in the car running , and entire car for 800! picking it up this saturday, and probally prep it to take the motor and everything. The charger is leaving next weekend to a restoration place to do the patch weld on the window frame and floor pans. I decided i dont feel like doing it. I will have my hands full pulling the motor and then doing a rebuild on it before i get the charger back. im going to to knock out some body work though and primer the entire car this weekend before it goes away.

Now call me crazy, but I'll be darned if those don't look like '73 or '74 style taillights. My '72's look waaay different, I'm fairly new at this, but that's just my two cents. Looks good though, real project!

Now call me crazy, but I'll be darned if those don't look like '73 or '74 style taillights. My '72's look waaay different, I'm fairly new at this, but that's just my two cents. Looks good though, real project!

Your not crazy.... it has both 73/74 front and rear bumpers on the car.

BTW, nice project.....keep us updated.

Jason

Your not crazy.... it has both 73/74 front and rear bumpers on the car.

BTW, nice project.....keep us updated.

Jason

That's what I thought, glad I'm not going crazy! Wonder how those ended up on there, did the original owner say anything about how that happened? Or more importantly why?

Auto Transport Service
Back