• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger Superbee Tribute/Restomod Build

Some more

IMG_9633.jpg
IMG_9590.jpg
IMG_6022.JPG
IMG_9528.jpg
IMG_9599.jpg

Since my last posts I went through some issues trying to recover the rear seat, the short of it is that I didn't really know what I was doing and essentially was defeated for a few days. Then after thinking it through while working on the headliner in my Challenger I came up with a new game plan which I executed today. Basically I had a bad technique which I corrected and was able to get the back rest cover on. I might work on the bottom tomorrow.

I know I already posed the old seat but I like to see them together. The recover is not perfect but its perfect enough, those creases in the left side (as you are looking at it) I steamed out somewhat.
IMG_9603.jpg
IMG_9652.jpg

So I was able to recover the bottom of the back seat, in this case though I just reused the foam. I am not super happy with the creases and such but we are due to get some hot weather this coming week and I am going to put both parts out into the sun for awhile and see if that helps. If not I will remove the cover and work on stretching it some more, I will also put a 1/2" more of foam onto the top of the bottom seat.

IMG_9633.jpg
IMG_9656.jpg
IMG_9657.jpg
IMG_9659.jpg

As promised I set those seats out in the sun and it helped a lot, so much so that I will be using them as they are.

On another note, the 572 Hemi Roadrunner is on its way to Australia, it was picked up yesterday and in on its way to long beach CA.

IMG_9711.jpg

IMG_9713.jpg

IMG_9721.jpg

I also made some improvements to my 70 Challenger;

Got the headliner tightened up some, still have a couple issues but it is what it is at this point.

Cleaned up the under hood wiring which I have been meaning to do for a long time.

I had to order some new parts such as A pillar covers, door handles, shoulder belt clips, etc.

IMG_9694.jpg
IMG_9695.jpg
IMG_9644.jpg
IMG_9692.jpg
IMG_9693.jpg

I also made some improvements to my 70 Challenger;

Got the headliner tightened up some, still have a couple issues but it is what it is at this point.

Cleaned up the under hood wiring which I have been meaning to do for a long time.

I had to order some new parts such as A pillar covers, door handles, shoulder belt clips, etc.

View attachment 1663491View attachment 1663492View attachment 1663493View attachment 1663494View attachment 1663495
71 charger headliner1.jpg Headliners can be a REAL pain. In the head, neck, shoulders, arms, and ***.

View attachment 1663584 Headliners can be a REAL pain. In the head, neck, shoulders, arms, and ***.
I've done a few of them now but when I originally did the Challenger that was my first and I didn't know what I didn't know. Now I can get one pretty tight and looking good especially since I just bought a steamer.

Auto Transport Service
Back