• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 door latch. can't find new. interchangeable?

adam83

Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
My door latch on my charger is broken. I've been looking for reproduction latches but cannot find them. Is there any other year/make/model that has the same door latch as a 71-74 b body? Possibly later 70's to 90's? Those years might actually still be sold at part stores and dealerships

Last edited:
Look up mopar440greg on E Bay, he should be able to help you. he is the best E Bay Mopar original parts seller around.

The body of the latch used on these cars was used on other applications. The connection levers for the latch release & lock functions varied however. I purchased an NOS latch intended for a late eighties Dodge truck, same latch body, had to transfer the levers from the old latch. Involves grinding off the heads of the key pivot rivets, carefully tack welding the end washers back in place.

Look up mopar440greg on E Bay, he should be able to help you. he is the best E Bay Mopar original parts seller around.

I did an ebay member search and mopar440greg wasn't found, is that the right spelling?

- - - Updated - - -

Im taking my latch out today. I think some rivets were stretched and warped, so the lever has way to much play. Maybe I'll be able to save it. are any of the internal components, like that plastic bar, reproduced?

This is my latch. Cleaned it up. The plastic block was flipped and kinked, not sure how it is supposed to be positioned originally. The body of the latch has some damage, around the striker opening. One of the rivets feels loose.

Is this a throw away or rebuild-able?

which side latch is it?
i have a good extra pass side one around somewhere
you see them pop up on ebay every so often..

which side latch is it?
i have a good extra pass side one around somewhere
you see them pop up on ebay every so often..

Its the driver side. I think I found a replacement already though. Would like to resell mine if it's rebuildable

Sorry, his name is mopargreg440.

Best mopar original parts seller in eBay.

Auto Transport Service
Back