• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Replacement Rotors

SMS68

Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
I need to replace the old two piece rotors on my ‘71 Road Runner, factory front disc car. The spindles are good, so I’m trying to go back with a correct rotor that doesn’t involve different bearings/sleeves etc.

Many places list rotors that fit but then I’ve heard of folks receiving a rotor that doesn’t actually fit the stock set up.

Has anyone found a rotor that is a direct replacement? Could you hook a brother up with source and part #? Thanks.

You have an Early 1971 --- because two (2) piece Hub & Rotor Assemblies were " officially " done in 1970, but this is not the first 1971 that I have heard of that had the two (2) piece Hub & Rotor Assemblies....

That being said, I am the last person on the planet, who has *** N.O.S. *** U.S.A. Made *** ( all 1 piece ) Hub & Rotor Assemblies....
There are Chineseum units available all over the world....

P.M. me , as per forum rules, if interested., and I will go over all the particulars....

Additionally, I have *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Pads *** which would certainly be wise to have, regardless, for the softest, smooooothest braking surface known to mankind, and they don't rip up Rotors to smithereens.....

Craig......

^^^ Correct ^^^
Their actual application is 1970 - 1972 “ B “ and “ E “ - ALL-
- ONLY —
Those three (3) years —- Every Model….

Dr Diff sells a kit to use the 73/74 unicast rotors on the 70/71 spindles.

^^^ Of course, that means you are using strictly Chineseum , in an adapter situation —- whereas mine are

Original, 100.00 % correct, and U.S.A. Made…..

You have an Early 1971 --- because two (2) piece Hub & Rotor Assemblies were " officially " done in 1970, but this is not the first 1971 that I have heard of that had the two (2) piece Hub & Rotor Assemblies....

That being said, I am the last person on the planet, who has *** N.O.S. *** U.S.A. Made *** ( all 1 piece ) Hub & Rotor Assemblies....

P.M. me , as per forum rules, if interested., and I will go over all the particulars....

Additionally, I have *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Pads *** which would certainly be wise to have, regardless, for the softest, smooooothest braking surface known to mankind, and they don't rip up Rotors to smithereens.....

Craig......
Ok sent

I need to replace the old two piece rotors on my ‘71 Road Runner, factory front disc car. The spindles are good, so I’m trying to go back with a correct rotor that doesn’t involve different bearings/sleeves etc.

Many places list rotors that fit but then I’ve heard of folks receiving a rotor that doesn’t actually fit the stock set up.

Has anyone found a rotor that is a direct replacement? Could you hook a brother up with source and part #? Thanks.
Was Mobileparts able to help you out?
I’m in the same position. Completely rebuilding the front suspension with stuff from PST. I need a set of rotors and pads for a 71 with two piece rotors.

Craig......
Thanks for the help…I’ll keep you in mind. I’m not spending N.O.S. Money on this one though. Just going to be a cruiser and occasional driver.

I factory ordered a Disc Brake, 71, 383 Cuda, during the month of June 1971.
The car was built on the assembly line during the later part of July, pretty much at the end of the 71 model year.
Probably a week or two left, before the shut down, to the start of the 72's going down the assembly line.
My car had the two piece rotor assembly on it.
So the two piece rotors made it all the way thru to the end of the 71 model year.
Rotor and hub assembly.
I don't know anything about a 72 model year, E body car, or a B body car.
I kept the Cuda for 42 years before i sold it off, so I'm quite familiar with them.
I would think a B body car, would be the same, with Ma Mopar on the assembly lines.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Mine is 1/71 with 2pc rotors. Part stores do have a replacement. I have the part humber just not in front of me. I'll post tomorrow. I have sets of them

Mine is 1/71 with 2pc rotors. Part stores do have a replacement. I have the part humber just not in front of me. I'll post tomorrow. I have sets of them
That would be great. All the local ones. Autozone, oreilly and even Napa just laugh at me.

That would be great. All the local ones. Autozone, oreilly and even Napa just laugh at me.
The Replacements they make now are just like the 73 and up except they have the smaller bearing diameter now and they are one piece, those dipshits at the parts stores just don't know anything these days

And —— those are all the Chineseum ones —- as we know…

So, the question you want to ask yourself is :
Does my car deserve the U.S.A. Made Hub & Rotors ???
Or, am I going to accept Chineseum quality and ** PRAY ** for No Issues ???

Because, we all know, they are exclusively one (1) piece Hub and Rotor Assemblies ( except, I suppose, the rejects in that Ohio idiot facility that JG71B went to…..)

If I am not mistaken, JG71B bought a pair of my N.O.S.
U.S.A. Made Rotors @ Chryslers @ Carlisle about 5 or 7 years ago…..l

Craig……

Incidentally, for all those who are considering U.S.A. Made versus the Chineseum, there is not a huge difference in price….
And, I will be out of the U.S.A. Made within the year…
I bought all 538 that existed in 1994….. when they went Obsolete….
Nothing lasts forever…..

I have a few people who have P.M.ed me now, wanting a pair of U.S.A. Made Hub & Rotors and *** N.O.S ***
Asbestos *** Brake Pads…..,

If you haven’t yet, do so, and I will try to get back to you before I leave Monday for Chryslers @ Carlisle….

They can be picked up there for FREE shipping, naturally, or we can handle them after the show….

If you want the price difference between U.S.A. Real Steel and Chineseum warpables, P.M. me also, as per forum rules….

Craig…..

Last edited:
I have a few people who have P.M.ed me now, wanting a pair of U.S.A. Made Hub & Rotors and *** N.O.S ***
Asbestos *** Brake Pads…..,

If you haven’t yet, do so, and I will try to get back to you before I leave Monday for Chryslers @ Carlisle….

They can be picked up there for FREE shipping, naturally, or we can handle them after the show….

If you want the price difference between U.S.A. Real Steel and Chineseum warpables, P.M. me also, as per forum rules….

Craig…..
I have PM’d you with no response

Auto Transport Service
Back