• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Road Runner Restoration Started

Nice find, I pass one sitting in an old body shop every time I go to the inlaws that looks like one of the earlier ones with the cool nose. I'd stop and ask about it but my wife is always with me and that might get me a black eye haha. Congrats

71AG, it doesn't surprise me that the doctor says your getting better and want to take you off the injured list. WHY? because he's getting paid by the work comp co. That's less money they have to pay out. I hope it doesn't come down that you have to threaten with legal action against workers comp.

Louis, sorry to hear you are still having issues with your shoulders. I went through the whole workman's comp thing when I got hit by a car a few years back. It sucks. Hang in there!

Louis, I hope things start looking up soon for ya.. Ive been in a rough spot hear myself with my legs and feet and i know how lousy it gets, sometimes i wonder if we have any doctors that practice there oath, I was told after a good many tests done they cant do anything to help my leg, They were talking about putting in stence's (SP) but they cant and my one foot is really bad, then in his words.. "Theres nothing that can be done, you'll have to deal with it or pain pills and we cant give them to you hear", He just turned around to leave and said " have a good one" Talk about mad! PISSED off is more like it, i went today to my regular doctor and they gave me stuff to make it bearable but it's a pain in the back side with some of them!!!.., Im just saying it really does suck but i TRULY believe it will get better! You and your family have our prayers!!! don't loose the faith buddy!

Louis, sorry to hear you are still having issues with your shoulders. I went through the whole workman's comp thing when I got hit by a car a few years back. It sucks. Hang in there!

I know the feeling you had then. Years ago I was hit by a passing car too. Luckily I was only clipped by the mirror, and didn't need any treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't realize this, but here in FL you are only allowed to switch your doctor one time if you are being treated by a workers comp carrier. When you change doctors to get a second opinion (or for any other reason) you have to remain with that new doctor, and can't switch back to your old one. So if you do switch, you better do some homework before you pick.

A few days ago I was able to get a second opinion from another doc. He was really shocked that I haven't had shoulder surgery yet, considering the MRI confirmed tears in the tendons and sockets. He immediately told me to stop all physical therapy because he didn't want to take a chance with making my injuries worse. The new Dr. said that tendons do not heal unless they are surgically corrected first.

He also fears that I may now have "frozen shoulder" on each side too, because I haven't been able to move my arms very much due to pain.

He is recommending surgery on each shoulder, (Thank God), and will check to see if my shoulders are actually frozen when he puts me under anesthesia. If I they are, I have to have that problem surgically corrected first, by removing the scar tissue and "freeing up" everything that has possibly healed in the wrong position. That will be followed by the actual shoulder repair surgery a few weeks later.

Worst case I will need 4 separate surgeries, 2 on each side. At least now something is going to being done to correct the problem. He also gave me some medicine to help with the constant pain that I have been experiencing. I should have the 1st surgery scheduled in less than 10 days from now.

Thanks for keeping me in your prayers.

I have a LONG way to go, but it looks like I'm taking the first step forward now.

I'll keep you all posted. Have a great weekend.

Louis, I am relieved to hear that you are finally getting somewhere to getting yourself healed up. If it was going to take any longer, I was going to pack my bags and stick out my thumb and head down to florida to help you get some work done on your car. Have you gone out and had a "talk" with it and explained what's going on. They have feelings too you know.

Im with the roadrunnerman and im glad to hear things look, though it probably after all this seems slow in coming as if there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Best wish's, prayers always..

Had the "talk" with the cars today..............................

I just had a pre surgery physical done with blood work, EKG etc. They approved the surgeries. The first one will be sometime in the week of July 21st.

Roadrunnerman, I had the talk with the cars, LOL and they understand.............
They said they miss me................

The feelings were mutual.

Spare time + internet access = no $$$$$$

I've been searching for a few things and found some decent deals on some more car small parts. These parts will be needed in the future when I'm all healed up and back at it working on the cars.

As soon as they come in, I'll snap some pictures and post them...................

Until then ....................

Louis, I wish you the best on your first one, I imagine the waiting sucks but its good to see you sounding like your in high spirits and posting! maybe even better knowing those Mopars are on the same page as you! Rest up, things are going to look up! :)

Hope you feel better and the doctors can straighten you out. Now you have plenty of time to find the nicest parts or the best deals I guess. Keep up the good work

New Parts

As promised, here are a few pictures of the new parts I ordered the other day. The majority of them came from Jeff @ 521. IMG_2480.jpgIMG_6334.jpgIMG_6692.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

AMD battery tray

Gas tank strap "J" bolts

Battery hold down kit

Air Grabber Hardware kit. ( all new screws etc.)

Door hinge rebuild kit for 71-74 B body 2 door cars

Rally Mirror screw inserts. These act like a Pop rivet but have threads on the inside. These are what the mirror screws go into on the outside skin of the door.

Front and Rear window Chrome clips

And finally picked up the ash tray and bezel for the 4 speed console for the 71 RR. This was the final part I needed to have a complete 4 speed console assembly for the 71 RR.

- - - Updated - - -

That's all Folks !!!!!

This is about all I can do right now. I'm looking forward to the day when I can get back out in the shop again.........................

Hope you had a great weekend.

Nice looking parts, Jeff is a great help building these cars! He would be my first recommendation to anyone whose building a Mopar, I honesty don't think anyone could get a better deal then from him from what ive seen and got myself...

Auto Transport Service
Back