• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 RR dash lights

Ms.Sully

Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
My lights are out on my dash and it's not the fuses (they were all replaced). I am attempting to remove the cluster to get to the bulbs and replace those but do I need to drop the steering column to get it out? It looks like yes, but is there anything else I should pull/remove while I'm at it?

Also, if you have recommendations on a replace tilt column with shifter I would really appreciate it!

My lights are out on my dash and it's not the fuses (they were all replaced). I am attempting to remove the cluster to get to the bulbs and replace those but do I need to drop the steering column to get it out? It looks like yes, but is there anything else I should pull/remove while I'm at it?

Also, if you have recommendations on a replace tilt column with shifter I would really appreciate it!
Did you test the fuses with a test light or voltmeter? Pulling the dash is a last resort. Reason I say that is if the heater control light and radio lights do not work that indicates there is a power supply problem that is more than the cluster lighting.

Yep could bee as simple as a ground

Headlight Switch?

How did it come to be? Did they work prior? A sudden loss of all dash lights should be in the circuit. Not likely all bulbs failed at once. Not impossible though.

Did you test the fuses with a test light or voltmeter? Pulling the dash is a last resort. Reason I say that is if the heater control light and radio lights do not work that indicates there is a power supply problem that is more than the cluster lighting.
The light never worked since I picked up the car. There is no radio and the heater controls all work with no issue. I don't have a gauge to test the fuses but am willing to give it a shot. Thoughts on where I can grab something cheap? This is all very new to me so I am learning as I go.

Here's a photo of the back of the dash if you need one for reference.
thumbnail_20170225_192243_resized.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back