• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Fury Dash lights

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
All my dash lights are out. Have been since I got the car. I almost never ever drive when it's dark. My question is, are all the light bulbs bad or is there a fuse for dash lights? I can rotate switch to left to turn on the overhead light

there is a fuse it is marked instrument lites

It takes a couple seconds to test the fuses.
I pulled the only fuse it could be. 2 amp lamps not tail, tail has a 15a. I don't have anything here to test, have to wait to go to work tomorrow. Unless something easy on the car?

Home depot had buss fuses. Replaced still no dash lights. Right fuse, says instr lamps

Have you checked to make sure there are even good lights in it? That they are not burned out. Something could have happened and blew the bulbs before you bought it. I will say it's miserable to do while dash in in the car. Anyway make sure the clips/ears are not cracked as they might not be grounding. I had one that was flickering when driving and it was a broken bulb socket. Good luck I hate anything that is electrical...

Last edited:
What was the condition of the fuse box? Any corrosion? Especially on the top where the wires connect. Corrosion on the back of the instrument cluster where the wires connect to the printed circuit board?

Might be a rip in the printed circuit board. You can solder in a small jumper wire to fix it.

Fuse was the quick and easy check, no luck. I would check a bulb next, maybe they are just out.

No power at thew fuse. So I need to see where the power is from at that point

From fuse holder the tan wire goes to the headlight switch (Supplies power) thru the fuse to the orange wire which goes to the dash lites

Auto Transport Service
Back