• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Satellite Gen III Hemi Restomod

Remind me again what size wheels are you running front and back? It looks slightly disproportionately higher in the front? BTW, absolutely love your ride!

Rob

Remind me again what size wheels are you running front and back? It looks slightly disproportionately higher in the front? BTW, absolutely love your ride!

Rob
Thanks for the compliment. I agree it looks a bit off. It's actually fairly level and the pinch seam is 3/8" higher in the rear, but it certainly doesn't look that way. I've got 18's in the front and 20's in the rear. I'll probably go higher in the rear eventually. I just needed to get the front where it needed to be so I could get it aligned.

Interesting, I've also got 20's in the rear and 18's up front. Do you have RMS front and rear, or just front? I have a rebuilt K-frame/T-bar up front, but a 4-link in the rear. I've got Doug's headers with no ground clearance issues. Only clearance issue I have is the darn 7qt Moroso Oil pan the P.O. installed. I was going for more of the 70's Raked look, as opposed to a more modern look. Must say I do like the lower, sleeker, modern look your ride is going for.

20220715_165851.jpg

If you're going to raise the rear, do it before the alignment... changing the rear height changes things up front.

Interesting, I've also got 20's in the rear and 18's up front. Do you have RMS front and rear, or just front? I have a rebuilt K-frame/T-bar up front, but a 4-link in the rear. I've got Doug's headers with no ground clearance issues. Only clearance issue I have is the darn 7qt Moroso Oil pan the P.O. installed. I was going for more of the 70's Raked look, as opposed to a more modern look. Must say I do like the lower, sleeker, modern look your ride is going for.

View attachment 1640953
I have the RMS setup front and rear.

I took the car up to a tuner nearby earlier this week. More or less I'm paying them to put a second set of eyes on my build to make sure I haven't done anything stupid. Apparently my exhaust is hitting my rear end so I need to look at that a little closer. Anyone else had that issue with TTI exhaust? My low ride height in the back probably doesn't help. The plan is to drive it home early next week.
HolTJS9afgDioP68w-CC=w1225-h919-s-no-gm?authuser=0.jpg

My brother towed it for me so it was nice being able to follow from behind and watch it go down the road even if it was on a trailer.

Picked up the car from the tuner today. They diagnosed a few additional issues that I'll need to sort out. I drove it 35 miles home. Really happy with the progress. It'll do 75 mph on the interstate no problem. Just need to get the AC hooked up and the hole in my tunnel around the shifter sealed off. It's a nice day and it's already getting warm during the drive. On a side note I hit the 100 mile mark on my way home so I can open her up a bit more now according to the break in procedure.

Been a little slow, but I've got a few little things done. I sealed up the shifter hole with a generic boot.
1000001879.jpg

I also found my coolant leak. One of the upper heater ports that was plugged I wasn't using was a tad loose. It was on the back of the timing cover so I had to remove the intake to get to it.

The other thing I'm tackling is clearancing my exhaust over the rear end. I didn't want to sacrifice ride height so I cut out some of the original shock bracket in front of the fuel tank and modified the hanger. I think it's going to work but the muffler is super tight to the tub now
1000001896.jpg

1000001897.jpg

This got me an extra inch of clearance. I'll probably raise the ride height a half inch to get a little more. Now I just need to do the driver side and figure out what I'm going to do with the fuel lines

1000001897.jpg

Last edited:
Get yourself a bag or two of those. I may be doing them plus some oval down the road on the 65 when it's time for exhaustion.:lol: Way better than trying to pie cut the pipe doing the cuts.

I was able to move the exhaust up on both sides and move the fuel lines over enough so they're not a problem. I also added 3/4" of ride height in the rear. While I was at it, I cut off the turn downs on the exhaust. I may add some tips at some point.
1000001921.jpg

I retaped my coolant plug and tightened hard for good measure. After a 5 mile drive, I could see a small drop still coming out. It's dry in the picture below but you can see the leak path.
1000001918.jpg

I'm not sure why it's not sealing. Part of me wants to put some stop leak in the reservoir, but it's all brand new so it shouldn't need it. It may be a slow enough leak that I can ignore it for a while. Next up is AC hoses or seat brackets.

I have a spreadsheet of every dime I spent on this project. If anyone is interested I can share it here or in a new thread.

I started working on installing my Procar seats. Unfortunately they don't make brackets for the 71/72. The ones they do sell are for a 68-70. I had to cut off the legs and make my own. Additionally there's more modifications necessary to use the lowest seating height. Even still it's a bit high, but it'll work. Here's a picture of one in progress.
1000001939.jpg

I grabbed my AC lines off the old 318 in hopes they would work. I was thrilled that the thread sizes matched since the compressor is in roughly the same spot. Unfortunately that's not the only thing that needed to work. Oh well.
1000001941.jpg

1000001942.jpg

Got my Essex mass backing carpet today and was disappointed to find the high beam bezel/cutout wasn't included. Any tips for how to add one?
1000001943.jpg

I got one of the frames completely done today and got the sound mat reinstalled on that side as well. Just need to duplicate it for the other side.
1000001945.jpg
1000001947.jpg

I got the second seat frame finished today. Since the tunnel is offset, it makes for some interesting mounts.
1000001952.jpg

I also got the rear console mount finished. It's very solid. I had to clearance the underside of the console a bit to get it to lay down against the tunnel, but nothing too bad. Still need a front mount. Excuse the welding. I'm still a noob and the grinder is my friend right now.
1000001956.jpg

1000001958.jpg

1000001957.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back