• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 Lift Fixture

1moreproject

Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
I’m looking to build a 727 lifting fixture made from an old pan. I’m planning to weld a piece of 11 gauge plate to the bottom of the pan and then weld a short pin to the plate that will fit my floor jack. Ideally I’d like to place the pin fairly close to the actual center of gravity. I’m guessing the center of gravity of a 727B with torque converter still in place will be 9 to 10” from the front face of the transmission. Hoping maybe somebody has a transmission sitting on the floor that they can balance on a piece of pipe to help get me close.

727 Lift

I made one out of wood some time back that fit tight around the oil pan. On the bottom I made a frame out of 1x2 to hold it on my floor jack. I will post some pics tomorrow if that will help.

727 lift

I fond this pic on forabodiesonle.
On my lift the jack is closer to the front of the trans.
The second pic is of my dart that I am trying to finish.

Attachments

• pan.jpg
    pan.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 318
Thanks Willitay, a buddy convinced me that my original idea would be too rigid for getting the transmission lined up. I like the idea from A-bodies but like you, I would probably place the pipe a little closer to the front.

the one we use here at the shop could be made pretty easy.just a flat plate(hvy steel)with 4 L shaped peices bolted to it for the corners.the flat part of the L piece(part that bolts to the plate) has a long slot so you can adjust location on trans pan.then the parts that stick upward(part that contacts trans)is just angle iron about 2 inches per side and about 4 inches tall.very simple piece really.just weld a pin in the center of the plate to fit your jack.

Auto Transport Service
Back