• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 Neutral Safety Switch Seal

BPBP440

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
Is this seal just a metal “conical” washer, or is there supposed to be rubber molded on it?

no seal, as you torque it down it will create a seal by digging into the last thread. Make sure not to over torque it or it will leak. I believe its 24 ft/lbs but check to make sure. good luck.

no seal, as you torque it down it will create a seal by digging into the last thread. Make sure not to over torque it or it will leak. I believe its 24 ft/lbs but check to make sure. good luck.
Thanks. One time use, or is it reusable?

nss.JPG

The seal is aluminum with a thin layer of rubber/plastic over it. I have always reused them if they are not torn up.
Mike

Anyone have a source for the Seal only ?

So some seem to have an over molded rubber. I had my trans rebuilt at a shot and this is what came back under the safety switch, but not tightened yet.

7F4CBFC3-A4A6-4B56-9445-EE75A8A12C48.jpeg

Yeah, me too. That’s my concern with what I have. I’ll just order up a new one. Thanks.
Just ordered 4, some of my switches didn't come with any. The check out was a little cumbersome for first buy there.

Just ordered 4, some of my switches didn't come with any. The check out was a little cumbersome for first buy there.
Was the shipping reasonable for a couple ounces ?

$10 reasonable? No matter if it is 2 oz or 10 lbs somebody has to get it ready to ship. MO I ordered 4 so I won't order any more.

I was thinking a small padded envelop ,But I will look at some other gaskets and seals to order at the same time. Thanks

I was thinking a small padded envelop ,But I will look at some other gaskets and seals to order at the same time. Thanks
The gaskets could get flatten depending what machine it goes through. Guy sent an item forgot what part was pushed envelope and lost. Sent a photo of envelope, Sent another in a box.

Anyone ever find a replacement seal without OBSCENE shipping? I guess you could buy the switch for $8.99 from O'Reilly and just use the seal?

1655143639402.png

Auto Transport Service
Back